You can post the following on Timeline:
• Text: Up to 10,000 characters per post.
• Photos and videos: Up to 20 per post.
• Regular stickers: Up to 20 per post.
• Sound, animated, and pop-up stickers: Up to 1 per post.
Note: These can't be posted with regular stickers.
• URLs and locations: Up to 1 each per post.
Timeline posts will also appear on your profile, and will be visible to your friends based on your Timeline privacy settings. If you don't want a post to be seen, you can limit the audience from the privacy settings before sharing it on your Timeline.
Depending on which version of LINE you're using, you can make posts to Timeline with one of the methods below.
Versions of LINE earlier than 8.12.0
• Tap the Friends tab > your profile > Home > the pencil icon at the bottom right.
• Tap the Timeline tab > the What's New? field, pencil icon, Camera or Stickers at the top of the screen.
LINE version 8.12.0 or later
• Tap the Friends tab > your profile > Posts or Photos/Videos > the pencil icon at the bottom right.
• Tap the Timeline tab > the pencil icon at the bottom right > Write or Camera.
Note: You can update to the latest version of LINE here.
When someone Likes or comments on your post, a number will appear on the bell icon at the top of your Timeline. If you turn on Timeline notifications, you will also receive alerts on your smartphone’s notification screen.
To like or comment on a post:
1. Tap Timeline.
2. Under a post, tap and hold Like (the smiley face), or tap Comment (the speech bubble).
Tapping Like on a post is a quick and easy way to show that you enjoyed it. You can also tap and hold the Like button to choose from six LINE character faces with different reactions to show how you're feeling at the moment.
When you like a post that is set to public, it will be shared with friends on Timeline. If you don't want your Likes to be shared, uncheck "Share on Timeline" after tapping and holding the Like button.
Commenting on posts
Leave comments on posts to show how you feel about them using text, stickers, or photos. You can delete a comment you posted by tapping and holding it and then tapping Delete.
To edit the content of a Timeline/profile post:
1. At the top right of the post you want to edit, tap "..." > Edit post.
2. After editing or adding information, tap Post at the top right.
If you're using a version of LINE earlier than 6.6, you won't be able to edit information other than written text or add information like photos or stickers once you've completed your post.
If you add the # symbol in front of text (e.g. #LINE) when you make a post, it will create a hashtag. Tapping a hashtag lets you view all posts that include the same hashtag.
Note: Posts with hashtags that you've made Public can be searched for and viewed by users other than your friends.
Try using hashtags when you want to share your posts with a larger audience.
Entering the @ symbol in front of a friend's name (e.g. @Brown) lets you tag them in a post.
When you tag friends, be sure that they're included in the privacy setting you select for the post.
Note: If the post is not shared with your friends, they will be unable to view it.
When the post is completed, the friends you tagged will be notified.
You can choose your desired time to have a post automatically delete itself.
To set an auto-delete time, please refer to the following steps:
1. Enter the details for your post.
2. Tap "..." > Timer.
3. Choose the time you want the post to be deleted, then tap Post.
Please be aware that any Likes or comments on this post will also be deleted at the same time.
The relay feature gives you a separate place to post together with friends on Timeline. Just select Relay on Timeline, and you can share fun memories, secret places only you know, new clothes you bought, and other topics with your friends.
You can set which friends can participate in a relay.
If you want to share with all of your friends, just choose Friends under Who can join. You can also share a relay with close friends only by choosing a group or custom list of friends.
Birthday boards let you celebrate your friends' birthdays by sending them birthday cards and wish effects. When you create a birthday board in advance, it will appear for your friend to see at midnight on their birthday.
To send birthday cards:
1. At the bottom of the birthday board, tap Write birthday card.
2. Enter a message, then tap the Send icon.
If you want to hide the card you create from everyone but you and the friend you're sending it to, choose "Write in secret".
You can also send birthday cards from birthday posts on Timeline.
To send wish effects:
Use either of the methods below.
• Tap the balloon icon at the bottom right of the birthday board.
• Tap the balloon icon in the center of a Timeline birthday post.
You can send up to 100 wish effects per friend, and they will only be seen by the friend you send them to.
You can also access the post screen before your friend's birthday from the birthday post creation notification on Timeline.
There is no limit to how long you can celebrate on a birthday board, and the content posted on one can be viewed at any time.
To post your location on Timeline:
1. Tap Share location on the Timeline post screen.
2. Select your location and tap Share location.
3. Tap Post.
If you can't find the location you want to post, you can search for its name or address in the search field on the location selection screen.
You can use multiple photos and a variety of effects to make slideshows or GIF animations and post them in Timeline.
The following customization options are available:
• Trim photos or add music, filters, and other effects when making slideshows.
• Change the size and playback speed for GIFs.
To make a slideshow or GIF and post it on Timeline:
1. On the post editing screen, tap the icon at the bottom right > Create GIF or Create slideshow.
2. Select the photos you want to use and tap Next.
Note: The photos you select will appear at the bottom of the screen in the order they were selected. You can reorder them by tapping and holding them, then dragging them to the order of your choice.
3. Edit the content any way you like, then tap Done > Post.