Checking/changing your registered information
Setting an email address/password
Changing your email address/password
Note: The code may be entered automatically on some devices.
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please check the following:
• Is your registered email address entered correctly?
• Did you enter an email address different from the one you registered?
• Are you trying to send the password reset email repeatedly within a short period of time? Please wait approximately 24 hours between attempts.
• Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
• Do you have spam filters in place? Please try disabling them.
• Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
• Does the email address you are using comply to RFC standards? The following are examples of email addresses that do not comply to RFC standards.
- Addresses with a dot (.) right before the @ symbol: abcd.@xxx.com
- Addresses with consecutive dots (.): ab..email@example.com
- Addresses that begin with a hyphen (-): -firstname.lastname@example.org
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to transfer it using your Facebook account.
• Was your registered email address entered correctly?
Linking with Facebook
Changing your phone number
Profile features and settings
A LINE account is defined as the phone number, name, photo, ID, and other information used on LINE. By deleting your account, all of the aforementioned information will be deleted.
An ID is a key used to identify LINE users. This is not configured by default when you first start using the service. You can configure one by going to the Home tab > Settings > Edit profile.
Important: LINE IDs cannot be changed once configured.
With a LINE ID, users who do not know your phone number can easily find and add you as a friend if you exchange IDs with them. If you do not want other users to find you using your ID, you can turn off Allow others to add me by ID under Edit profile.
Note: Publicizing LINE IDs on the internet for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters is prohibited by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
To set your LINE ID:
1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Profile > ID.
Note: Tap here to go to the LINE ID setting on your smartphone.
2. Enter your preferred ID and tap Check.
3. If you see the "This ID is available" message, tap Save.
- Once you set an ID, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- If you see a message saying "This ID is unavailable" in step 3, it means that someone is already using that ID. In this case, please register a different ID.
If you want to copy and share your ID, tap Copy to the right of your LINE ID. You can paste the copied ID by tapping a message text box, note, or other place to enter text > Paste.
Note: As stated in our Terms and Conditions of Use, making your ID public on the internet for the purpose of meeting other people is not allowed.
Your account will not be deleted just by uninstalling or deleting the LINE app.
To delete your LINE account, verify your phone number from the same device you've been using or transfer your current account to a new device, then delete the account.