You might see the following error messages when installing or updating LINE:
Examples of errors
- Error retrieving information from server. (RPC:S-**:AEC-0)
- Error code: **
Note: A number will appear in place of the asterisks.
You may be able to resolve the issue by trying the following. If you have any questions about the following steps, we recommend checking the manufacturer's website, or contacting them directly.
Clear the cache and data from the Google Play store app:
1. On your device, tap Settings > Apps or Application Manager.
2. Tap Google Play Store > Storage.
3. Tap Clear cache or Delete cache.
4. Tap Clear data or Delete data.
Make sure you have enough free space:
1. On your device, tap Settings > Storage and Memory or Storage.
2. Tap Internal Storage.
3. Delete any unnecessary data if you have less than 1 GB of free space under Available.
Reset your Google account:
Please be assured that trying the following will just reset your Google account and will not delete it.
1. On your device, tap Settings > Accounts > Google.
2. Tap the options icon at the top right of the screen > Remove account.
3. Restart your device and add your Google account.
Let us know if we can make it better.