If you are not receiving a verification SMS, it may be due to the following.
1. The phone number was entered incorrectly.
2. Depending on the circumstances of your mobile provider, your reception may be weak.
If you have not received an SMS after ten minutes, please try requesting another verification SMS from the Resend Verification Code Form.
To contine using your existing LINE account after changing to a new device, you need to have registered an email address on your previous device.
Data that can be carried over
- Friends and Groups lists
- Paid, free and gifted stickers
Data that cannot be carried over
- Paid item purchase history (excluding paid stickers)
- Remaining Coin balance
Steps to carry over your account
1. From the Login screen tap "Log in"
2. Enter the email address and password you registered on your previous device and tap OK
You cannot log in with Facebook on LINE Lite.
You can only use one version of LINE on the same device at a time.
With a registered account, it is possible to carry over your account between the different versions of LINE from the Login screen.
Please be aware that when you carry over your account, your previous chat history will be deleted.
Using LINE on Multiple Devices
You cannot use the same LINE account on multiple devices. Only one phone number and email address can be verified on each device. If you verify the same phone number on another device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to access it.
You can access the same account you use on your smartphone, using the PC version of LINE.
You can download the PC version of LINE from via the following URL.
LINE for PC
LINE accesses information on a device's contacts list to make it easy for users to find their friends. Only phone numbers and email addresses from your contacts list will be transferred to our servers. All information is encrypted. Please follow the steps below if you would like us to use your contacts list to help you easily find friends on LINE.
1. On the registration screen, select "Auto Add Friends" and "Allow Others to Add" option
2. Tap "..." > Friends > select "Auto Add Friends"
LINE will add mutual contacts to your Friends list automatically. If only one of you has the other as a contact, the one who has the contact information will be added to the other's Friend Recommendations list, while the other will be added to the Friends list.
Your phone number, and other information obtained from your contacts list (phone numbers and email addresses) will not be disclosed and will be protected as follows:
1. Your contact information will be used only if you agree to the terms & conditions of LINE Lite when signing up. The Terms of Service describes when and how LINE will use your personal information.
2. If you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the phone numbers and mobile email addresses in your contacts list will be sent to our servers.
At this time, the contact information will be encrypted and securely transferred to our server.
3. We use encrypted text when comparing your information with existing user information.
To use LINE for PC, please register an email address on the LINE Lite app. See here for the steps to register an email address.
After registering an email address, download LINE for PC here. Once LINE for PC is downloaded, try logging in by using the email address and password you registered on the LINE Lite app.
If you can’t use LINE on your smartphone, you can sign up for a new account from the LINE for PC app. For more information, see here.