If you create a new LINE account on a new device without deleting the account on your previous device, you will end up having two accounts.
Your old account cannot be deleted if you are unable to use your previous device anymore. Please ask your friends to block your old account in this case.
Please see the following article for help with blocking friends:
First read the important notes below, then delete your LINE account by following the steps at the end of this article.
- Uninstalling or deleting the LINE app will not delete your account.
- When you delete your account, all related data will also be deleted, including your purchased stickers, Coins, registered phone number, friends, groups, chat history, and registration with other authorized apps (e.g. LINE games, LINE PLAY).
- If you registered your email address to LINE, you will no longer be able to use it to log in to LINE for PC.
- Even if you reinstall LINE, you will not be able to transfer your account as data cannot be restored from a deleted account.
- If you have a LINE Pay account, you will need to delete it before deleting your LINE account. See this Help article for the steps to delete your LINE Pay account.
To delete your LINE account:
1. Tap the Home/Friends or More tab > Settings > Account.
2. Tap Delete account at the bottom of the screen > Next.
3. After reading and agreeing to the warnings, tap Delete account > Delete.
If you're viewing this article on your smartphone, tap here to go to the Account screen.
If you cannot delete your account for any reason (e.g. unable to log in), you can delete it by using the specifications built-in to LINE.
Please note deleting your account will delete all data such as your purchased items, friends and groups list, chat history and registrations with other integrated apps (such as LINE Games and LINE PLAY). This data cannot be recovered.
If you can use the phone number or Facebook account registered to the LINE account you wish to delete, you can automatically delete the account by:
- Creating a new LINE account using your phone number or Facebook account.
- Registering your phone number or Facebook account to an existing LINE account.
If you have both your phone number and Facebook account registered to the LINE account you wish to delete, you will need to register both details to the other LINE account.
If you no longer wish to use LINE after you have completed the above steps, please see here for steps on how to delete your account.
If you can no longer use the phone number or Facebook account registered to the LINE account you wish to delete, you can delete the account yourself if you fulfill the following requirements:
1. You are in possession of the device which was used for the LINE account you wish to delete.
2. You have not uninstalled LINE from this device.
3. You have not created a new LINE account on this device.
4. You can connect to the internet on this device (You can connect via Wi-Fi if you are not connected on a mobile network).
Start LINE while connected to the internet, then see here for steps on how to delete your account.
A deleted LINE account cannot be restored. By deleting your account, all of your purchased stickers and Coins, phone number registered to LINE, friends and groups list, chat history, and registrations with integrated apps (such as LINE Game titles and LINE PLAY) will be deleted.
IDs will become available for use again once the accounts they are registered to have been deleted.
Your account will not be deleted just by uninstalling or deleting the LINE app.
To delete your LINE account, verify your phone number from the same device you've been using or transfer your current account to a new device, then delete the account.