Setting a backup PIN beforehand lets you smoothly transfer your chat history when you transfer your LINE account.
To transfer your chat history in this way, you need to update LINE to version 12.13.0 or later. (Update the app here
The amount of chat history that you can transfer will differ depending on whether you backed up your chats beforehand as well as the OS running on your new device.
If you backed up your chats beforehand and are transferring them to a device running the same OS as your old device:
You can restore all the chats you backed up. See this Help article
for more information.
If you didn't back up your chats beforehand or are transferring them to a device running a different OS than your old device:
You can transfer the last 14 days of your chat history by following the steps below.
1. From the Home tab, tap Settings > Chat history backup under Backup and transfer.
2. Tap Back up now or Create backup PIN and back up chat history.
3. Enter a six-digit number.
4. Tap the arrow.
When transferring your LINE account to a new device, you'll need the backup PIN you set to restore your chat history. Be sure to write it down so you don’t forget it.
Also, make sure your backup PIN is a secure combination to prevent it from being used by someone else without your permission.
Here are some tips for setting a hard-to-guess backup PIN:
• Don't use consecutive numbers (e.g. 123456).
• Don't use the same number repetitively (e.g. 111111).
• Don't make the PIN your birthday.
Let us know if we can make it better.