How posts work/Settings
You can post the following content on LINE VOOM.
• Text: Up to 10,000 characters per post
• Photos and videos: Up to 20 per post
• Regular stickers: Up to 20 per post
• Sound, animated, and pop-up stickers: Up to 1 per post
Note: These can't be posted together with regular stickers.
• URLs and locations: Up to 1 each per post
You can see when someone likes or comments on your post by tapping your icon at the top right of the LINE VOOM screen > Notifications. If you turn on LINE VOOM notifications, you'll also receive alerts on your device’s notification screen.
For information about LINE VOOM notification settings, see this Help article.
To react to or comment on a post:
1. Tap Voom.
2. Under a post, tap and hold Like (the smiley face), or tap Comment (the speech bubble).
Reacting to posts
Tapping Like on a post is a quick and easy way to show that you enjoyed it. You can also tap and hold the Like button to choose from six LINE character faces with different reactions.
Commenting on posts
Leave comments on posts to show how you feel about them using text, stickers, or photos. You can delete a comment you posted by tapping and holding it and tapping Delete.
You can choose your desired time to have a post automatically delete itself.
To set an auto-delete time, please refer to the following steps:
1. Enter the details for your post.
2. Tap "..." > Timer.
3. Choose the time you want the post to be deleted, then tap Post.
Please be aware that any Likes or comments on this post will also be deleted at the same time.
A LINE VOOM relay lets you share posts with other users during a set period of time, and only those participating can see the posts. Share fun memories with friends, secret places only you know, new clothes, or anything else you can think of!
To create a relay:
1. Tap Voom > "+" at the bottom right of the screen > Relay.
2. Tap the globe icon at the top of the screen and configure Who can join, Notify friends, and Relay period.
- You can only select Public or a custom list for Who can join.
- Turning on Notify friends will send participating members a notification.
- From Relay period, you can set a one or seven day posting period. Even after the period ends, participating members can still view relay posts on LINE VOOM.
3. Enter a title.
4. Tap "+", create a post, and tap Add.
5. Tap Post.
After a relay has started, tap the options icon at the top right to change the relay settings or end it. If you want to delete all of the posts in a relay, tap Delete > Delete.
Birthday boards let you celebrate your friends' birthdays by sending them birthday cards and wish effects.
You can create a birthday board a day in advance, and your friend will be able to see your post from midnight on their birthday.
To send a birthday card:
1. At the bottom of the birthday board, tap Write birthday card.
2. Enter a message, then tap the send icon.
If you want to hide the card you create from everyone but you and the friend you're sending it to, choose "Write in secret".
To send wish effects:
Tap the balloon icon at the bottom right of the birthday board.
You can send up to 100 wish effects per friend, and they will only be seen by the friend you send them to.
There is no limit to how long you can celebrate on a birthday board, and the content posted on one can be viewed at any time.
To add your location to a LINE VOOM post:
1. Tap Add location on the LINE VOOM post editing screen.
2. Select your location and tap Add.
3. Tap Post.
If you can't find the location you want to add, you can search for its name or address in the search field on the location selection screen.
The GIF feature lets you use your own photos to create simple animations, which can then be posted on LINE VOOM.
To make a GIF and post it on LINE VOOM:
1. On the post editing screen, tap "..." > Create GIF.
2. Select the photos you want to use and tap Next.
Note: The photos you select will appear at the bottom of the screen in the order they were selected. You can reorder them by tapping and holding them, then dragging them to the order of your choice.
3. Edit the content any way you like, then tap Done > Post.
If you add the # symbol in front of text (e.g. #LINE) when you make a post, it will create a hashtag. Tapping a hashtag lets you view all posts that include the same hashtag.
Note: Posts with hashtags that you've made Public can be searched for and viewed by users other than your friends.
Try using hashtags when you want to share your posts with a larger audience.
Entering the @ symbol in front of a friend's name (e.g. @Brown) lets you tag them in a post.
When you tag friends, be sure that they're included in the privacy setting you select for the post.
Note: If the post is not shared with your friends, they will be unable to view it.
When the post is completed, the friends you tagged will be notified.