To use LINE Money, you need to first verify your identity using one of the following methods:
Link a bank account
1. On the LINE Pay menu, tap Add Money > Bank Account.
2. Select your bank from the list.
Note: You cannot verify your identity with Japan Post Bank. Please choose another bank instead.
3. Enter the required information.
- Make sure to enter the name of the owner of the bank account.
- If you have a middle name that appears in the name registered to your bank account, please enter it in either the first or last name field.
After selecting your bank, please complete the respective registration process. If you have any questions about the steps on the bank website, please contact the bank directly for assistance.
Once your account is linked with your bank account, your identity will be verified in real time and you will be able to start using LINE Money. The registration process will be completed in real time with any selected bank.
For more details about bank accounts you can link and the linked bank account service, please see the following article:
LINE Pay identity verification
1. On the LINE Pay menu, tap Settings > Identity Verification > Upload Photo ID.
2. Review the LINE Pay Term of Use and scroll to the bottom and tap Agree to Terms.
3. Enter your name, date of birth, address, and occupation then tap Next.
4. Attach a picture of one of the following forms of identification.
- Driver’s license
- Health insurance card
- Residence card
- Special permanent resident certificate
- Basic resident registration card (with a photo)
If your current address is not printed on the card, please write it in the relevant column on the back of the card and send us a picture of that as well.
5. Receive the mailed documents from LINE Pay.
We will check the information you entered against that on your identification document to confirm your identity. If you are unable to accept the mail from us yourself, your identity verification request will be canceled.
Please ensure that the picture of your identification document is clear and shows the entire document in full.
If there is any personal information on the document unrelated to the identity verification request, such as your permanent address or organ donor status, please still submit a picture of the entire document but redact or block out those areas.
If we receive any pictures that contain your permanent address, we will immediately delete the picture and cancel the identity verification process.
If the information on your identification document is out of date due to marriage or change of name or address, please update it before applying.
Related Help article:
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?