After choosing a product from a merchant that accepts LINE Pay (such as LINE STORE), select LINE Pay as the payment method when checking out. Then select the card you wish to use on the LINE Pay payment screen on your device.
- You need to use your smartphone to complete the payment process.
- If you have not set a LINE Pay passcode, you must set one after selecting the payment method.
We plan for the number of merchants where you can use LINE Pay to continue to expand even more in the future. Please understand that the merchants which accept LINE Pay vary by country.
Credit and debit card brands that can be registered include Visa and MasterCard. Depending on the merchant or country, some card brands may not be accepted.
If you're using LINE with a Japanese phone number:
• You cannot register a LINE Pay card.
• You can continue using an American Express or Diners card if you've already registered one; however, these cards can no longer be registered as a new card.
If you're using LINE with a phone number that is not an Indonesian, Japanese, Taiwanese, or Thai number:
• You can continue using a JCB card if you've already registered one, but these cards can no longer be registered as a new card.
• JCB cards cannot be used with LINE@ or LINE STORE, even if you already have one registered.
If you are unable to add your card even though you have added all the information correctly, please check the following:
1. Does the card support online payments?
2. Can the card be used overseas?
3. Is the card a corporate card? (Corporate cards can be used on LINE Pay, but there may be restrictions on the type of merchants and online payments that they can be used for.)
If you need further clarification, please contact your card company.
If you receive a notice that says you have reached the maximum number of registration attempts, please see this article.
To ensure the safety of the service, users may try up to five times to register a card every seven days. If you exceed that limit, you will have to wait another seven days after the fifth attempt before you can try adding a card.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
If you're using LINE Pay in Taiwan, please see this page for details.