- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Android Lite
Issues when transferring your account
If you were unable to successfully transfer your account, we may be able to restore your items by looking into your inquiry. Please contact us after installing the LINE app.
Items that can be transferred:
- The right to use your LINE stickers and themes (including those received as gifts)
- Your purchase history and Coin balance
Note: Coins cannot be transferred between different Oses, such as from iOS to Android or vice versa.
- Credit balance purchased from LINE STORE
Important: Other than those mentioned above, will not be able to transfer data such as friends, your chat history, and groups.
If you see error messages saying you have entered an invalid email address/password or you have not registered your email address with LINE or to enter your email address correctly, please check the following.
- Did you enter any extra spaces?
- Did you enter everything in half-width characters?
- Did you mistakenly enter similar characters? (E.g. 1= one l = lower case L and I = capital i, 0 = zero and O = capital o, 9 = nine and q = lower case Q.)
- Did you enter an email address that you are using for a different service?
- Did you enter in your password correctly?
If you are still getting errors after checking the above, please follow the steps below to reset your password.
1. Tap Log in > Forgot your password?
2. Enter the email addressed you registered on LINE.
3. Tap OK.
If you see the following error messages, please wait 24-48 hours before trying again.
• Failed to register
• An error has occurred. Please try again later.
If any of the following error messages appears when you transfer your account, please refer to the Help article based on the relevant error you received.
• Either you have entered an invalid email address/password, or you have not registered your email address with LINE.
If you select Log in with Facebook and the error message "Failed to connect with external services. Please try again later." appears, it is possible that the Facebook account you registered to LINE and the account information you logged in with are different. Please check the Facebook account you registered to LINE and try once again.
If you received the error messages despite not entering your Facebook login information, please logout of your Facebook account from your device's web browser and the Facebook app and try entering your login information once again.