Points are not awarded for:
• Adding money to e-money/prepaid card/wallet services (e.g. WAON, Edy, Suica, Mobile Suica, PASMO, Mobile PASMO, ICOCA, Kyash, prepaid cards issued by Sumitomo Mitsui Card).
- This includes adding money to Suica, Mobile Suica, PASMO, Mobile PASMO, or ICOCA to use as a commuter pass.
- You may be awarded Points in some cases when using your Visa LINE Pay card as a set payment method (e.g. for smartphone payments).
• Sending money.
• Purchasing gift cards (e.g. Visa, iTunes, Netflix, Google, PlayStation, Amazon).
• Purchasing financial products (e.g. mutual funds, stocks, cryptocurrencies).
• Payments to public institutions and facilities (e.g. museum entrance fees, payments at some hospitals and clinics).
• Payments to charitable organizations.
• Payments made at post offices.
• One-time tax or insurance payments of over JPY 50,000.
• National pension plan payments.
• Charitable donations/fundraising (including the "hometown tax" (ふるさと納税) program).
• Membership fee payments (e.g. for credit cards or electronic toll collection systems).
• Service charge payments (e.g. for revolving or installment credit card payments).
• Borrowing cash on credit.
Some services and products are not recognized as eligible for Points by Sumitomo Mitsui, Visa, or LINE Pay. In these cases, you will know that your payment was not eligible if you do not receive Points.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?