If you are not receiving a verification SMS, it may be due to the following.
1. The phone number was entered incorrectly.
2. Depending on the circumstances of your mobile provider, your reception may be weak.
If you have not received an SMS after ten minutes, please try requesting another verification SMS from the Resend Verification Code Form.
To continue using your LINE account after changing to a new device, you need to have registered an email address on your previous device.
Data that can be transferred:
• Friends and groups
• Paid, free, and gifted stickers
Data that can’t be transferred:
• Paid item purchase history (other than paid stickers)
• Coin balance
To transfer your account:
1. Tap Log in.
2. Enter your registered email address and password and tap OK.
Note: You cannot log in to LINE Lite with Facebook.
Using LINE on Multiple Devices
Yes, you can log in to your LINE account on other devices using LINE Lite or the iPad, Windows, or Mac version of LINE.
For the steps to log in to LINE Lite, see this Help article.
For the steps to log in from other device types, see the following Help articles:
LINE accesses information on a device's contacts list to make it easy for users to find their friends. Only phone numbers and email addresses from your contacts list will be transferred to our servers. All information is encrypted. Please follow the steps below if you would like us to use your contacts list to help you easily find friends on LINE.
1. On the registration screen, select "Auto Add Friends" and "Allow Others to Add" option
2. Tap "..." > Friends > select "Auto Add Friends"
LINE will add mutual contacts to your Friends list automatically. If only one of you has the other as a contact, the one who has the contact information will be added to the other's Friend Recommendations list, while the other will be added to the Friends list.
Your phone number, and other information obtained from your contacts list (phone numbers and email addresses) will not be disclosed and will be protected as follows:
1. Your contact information will be used only if you agree to the terms & conditions of LINE Lite when signing up. The Terms of Service describes when and how LINE will use your personal information.
2. If you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the phone numbers and mobile email addresses in your contacts list will be sent to our servers.
At this time, the contact information will be encrypted and securely transferred to our server.
3. We use encrypted text when comparing your information with existing user information.
Unless you disclose information yourself, your registered phone number, ID and email address will never be disclosed to third parties.
Only your display name, profile image and 'What’s Up?' messages on LINE can be viewed by other users.
LINE Lite is a compact version of LINE that offers its main features. The Timeline, Home, and Keep features are not available with LINE Lite.
In addition, LINE Lite users can only send up to 1 GB worth of files per day.
To use LINE for PC, please register an email address on the LINE Lite app. See here for the steps to register an email address.
After registering an email address, download LINE for PC here. Once LINE for PC is downloaded, try logging in by using the email address and password you registered on the LINE Lite app.
If you can’t use LINE on your smartphone, you can sign up for a new account from the LINE for PC app. For more information, see here.