If you have forgotten your passcode, please follow the steps below to reset it.
1. Tap Forgot your passcode? found under the passcode input box, then tap OK.
2. Select one of the following methods for verifying your identity:
• Registered credit card
Note: You must wait 24 hours after registering the card as your payment method.
• Registered bank account (for adding money)
Note: Your account will be restricted if you enter the wrong card or bank account information five times. If this happens, you will not be able to reactivate your account yourself, so please contact us here.
3. Please enter the required information for the relevant verification method you chose and tap OK.
4. Tap OK on the notification pop-up on the screen to receive the verification code by phone call.
5. Enter the verification code announced through the call and tap OK.
Note: You'll receive a phone call from 0120-926-348 to the phone number you registered with LINE and hear voice guidance.
6. If you have an email address registered to LINE, a temporary passcode will be sent to that email address. Enter the temporary passcode into the passcode screen.
7. Tap OK on the pop-up saying "Set a new passcode?" and reset your passcode.
- If you have a LINE Money account and use Japan Post Bank, you will need to enter your converted branch code and account number when asked for additional identity verification for resetting your passcode.
- For more information about converting your branch code and account number, please see this page.
- For LINE Cash account users, please contact us via this form.
If the steps to reset your passcode do not appear, but the screen to delete your account does:
For security reasons, you will not be able to reset your passcode if you do not have a credit card, bank account for adding money to LINE Pay, or an email address registered to LINE.
In this case, please delete your LINE Pay account from the Delete LINE Pay Account screen, then register for LINE Pay again. Upon re-registering, your previous purchase history will be deleted.
If you do not know or cannot use your registered phone number:
After updating to the latest version of LINE, register a phone number that is able to receive calls.
If you have money in your LINE Pay balance but are unable to reset your passcode:
Please contact LINE Pay Customer Care.
If you're unable to access your LINE Pay account, please refer to the section below on how to reactivate it which applies to your situation.
The account was deactivated upon your request
You can reactivate it on your smartphone. To reactivate your account, start LINE Pay and enter your LINE Pay passcode on the passcode input screen.
If you have forgotten your LINE Pay account passcode, the steps to set a new one differ depending on your registered country (the country code of the phone number you registered to your LINE account). After confirming your country code, please refer to the following:
• If your registered country is Japan, see this article.
• If your registered country is Taiwan, see this article.
• For all other countries, see this article.
If you haven't set a LINE Pay passcode, you won't be able to reactivate your account yourself. In this case, please contact us here.
You transferred your LINE account using a phone number from a different country
When you transfer your LINE account (using your registered email address or linked Facebook account), use of your LINE Pay account will be restricted if you verify your LINE account with a phone number from a country different from the one it was previously verified with. This is in order to protect your account's payment information. If your LINE Pay account is restricted, you can delete it yourself, or use your existing LINE Pay account again.
• Deleting your LINE Pay account
When you tap Reset Account from the lockout screen, all of the information from the LINE Pay account you had been using until now will be deleted, and you can register again.
• Using the LINE Pay account you had been using again
Reinstall the LINE app, then use the phone number you had been using for verification again when you log in. After verifying your account, you can use the LINE Pay account you had been using again by going to Wallet > LINE Pay from the LINE app.
• If you cannot reset your account and are having issues using it
Please contact us again after referring to this page.
You cannot access your account because you changed devices
If you accidentally deleted your account or created a new one when transferring your LINE account to a new device, you will not be able to access your LINE Pay account. You will also be unable to use your LINE Pay account if you cancel your registered email address from your LINE account.
For more information on transferring your account, see this article.
If you can't use your LINE Pay account because you changed devices, please contact us here.
You transferred your account without setting a passcode and your account was deactivated
If you transferred your LINE account without setting a LINE Pay passcode, your LINE Pay account will be deactivated as a security measure. If you'd like to use LINE Pay again, please contact us here.
You cannot access your account because you forgot your passcode or are locked out of your account
If you forgot your passcode or are locked out of your account, see here.
If you enter the wrong card or bank account information more than five times when trying to reset your passcode, your LINE Pay account will be restricted and you will be unable to reactivate it yourself. In this case please contact us here.
You cannot access your account for reasons other than the above
Please contact us here.
In the event you changed or repaired your device, you can continue using LINE Pay.
Select Log in after reinstalling the LINE app on your new device to transfer your LINE account. Your LINE Pay information will also be transferred automatically.
See here for steps on how to transfer your LINE account.
Please be aware that you will not be able to use LINE Pay after transferring your account in the following cases. If any of the following apply to your situation, please delete your LINE Pay account before changing devices.
• You are transferring your account to a device with an OS that does not support LINE Pay.
Note: Other than iOS and Android, OSes such as BlackBerry, Nokia, and Windows Phone are not supported.
• You are transferring your account to a device that does not support LINE Pay.
Note: Other than a smartphone, devices such as tablets are not supported.
• You are transferring your account with a phone number that was issued from another country.
If you transferred your LINE account with a phone number issued from a different country, see here.
You won't be able to transfer your LINE Pay account if you aren't able to transfer your LINE account. To use LINE Pay on your new LINE account, you'll need to sign up for the service with a new account.
If you had a balance left over on your previous LINE Pay account, please apply to have it transferred via the Problem Report Form.
After you contact us from the form above, we'll assist you with the documents required for us to transfer your balance after we verify your phone number and other information.
Please understand that you won't be able to transfer the payment details from your previous LINE Pay account.
If your name changed because you got married or for another reason, you will be able to change your registered name.
Note: First check your Balance Type by starting the LINE Pay app and tapping Settings.
For LINE Money account holders:
Please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
For LINE Cash account holders:
You will be able to change your name when you verify your identity. For more information, please see here.