The Verify with your smartphone option is usually completed on the same day or within three days.
Note: It may take longer depending on the volume of requests we receive.
Once completed, the LINE Pay Identity Verification (LINE Pay本人確認) account will contact you with your results via a message on LINE. For details regarding your results, check the link in the chat message.
If your application is not successful, make sure:
• Your name and address are written exactly as they appear on your ID.
Note: Be sure to also enter the building name and apartment number.
• Your entire ID is visible and all the details are clear.
• There is no glare in the photo of your ID.
• To take a photo of your ID in a way so that its thickness can be confirmed.
• To take photos of both sides of your ID if required.
Note: We cannot accept a photo of only the front or back of the ID, or photos of one side from two different IDs.
• To attach photos of the personal data page and the "Information on Bearer" page if you're using your passport.
Note: Your application will not be accepted if we cannot confirm the "Information on Bearer" page.
For more information on how to verify your identity, see this blog post
(only available in Japanese).
Let us know if we can make it better.