Signing Up and Leaving
You can delete your LINE Pay account from the Settings menu.
Please note that deleting your LINE Pay account will delete all of your LINE Pay usage history.
You will not be able to delete your LINE Pay account in the following cases.
- If you have a transaction in progress. You can delete your LINE Pay account after the transaction is completed.
- If your LINE Pay account is suspended. You can delete your account after reactivating it.
If you have forgotten your LINE Pay passcode or lost your smartphone, you will not be able to delete the account yourself. Please contact us here, and inform us that you wish to have your account deleted.
We will assist you based on your situation.
If you wish to delete your account instead of deactivating it, please see this article.
To do so, install LINE on your new device, and perform “LINE User Login” to carry over your LINE account and with it, your LINE Pay account information.
Please see this article for the detailed carry over procedure.
However, you will not be able to use LINE Pay in the following cases.
1. If you carry over your LINE account to a device operating on an OS not supported by LINE Pay.
Please note that all OSes except iOS and Android are not supported, including BlackBerry, Nokia, and Windows Phone.
2. If you carry over your LINE account using a phone number from a different country as before.
Please delete your LINE Pay account before changing to the new device in the above cases. Please see this article for the detailed account deletion procedure.
LINE Pay cannot be used on multiple devices at the same time.
For steps on how to sign up for LINE Pay, please refer to the following Help article based on the country or region you are using LINE in.
You can add multiple credit cards to LINE Pay. You can also select the one you use most often as your main card.
For a list of cards that can be added to LINE Pay, see this Help article.
After choosing a product from a merchant that accepts LINE Pay (such as LINE STORE), select LINE Pay as the payment method when checking out. Then select the card you wish to use on the LINE Pay payment screen on your device.
- You need to use your smartphone to complete the payment process.
- If you have not set a LINE Pay passcode, you must set one after selecting the payment method.
We plan for the number of merchants where you can use LINE Pay to continue to expand even more in the future. Please understand that the merchants which accept LINE Pay vary by country.
Credit and debit cards can be registered to LINE Pay, including Visa and Mastercard brand cards.
Note: Depending on the merchant or country, some card brands cannot be used.
If you're using LINE with a Japanese phone number:
• You cannot register a LINE Pay card (JCB brand) or Visa LINE Pay prepaid card.
• American Express and Diners cards cannot be registered as new cards.
If you're using LINE with a phone number that is not a Japanese, Taiwanese, or Thai number:
• You cannot register a JCB card as a new card.
• Even if you've already registered a JCB card, it cannot be used with LINE Official Account or LINE STORE.
LINE Pay accepts three types of credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and JCB. You may not be able to use a card depending on the card type, country of issue, or merchant.
• Visa and MasterCard: Accepted at LINE-affiliated websites, such as LINE STORE.
• JCB: Accepted by some LINE-affiliated websites, but not all.
Note: There may be merchants that have restrictions on JCB cards issued from Korea.
In the future, we plan to have only the accepted card types for each merchant appear when making payments.
To ensure the safety of the service, users may try up to five times to register a card every seven days. If you exceed that limit, you will have to wait another seven days after the fifth attempt before you can try adding a card.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
To purchase products at online LINE Pay merchants, refer to the steps below.