1. Update your LINE app from the URL below.
2. Restart your device.
3. Go back to the list of chats, then open the chat you are having problems with again.
Please note that sometimes it may take a while for a chat message to show up after you receive the notification.
By tapping the thumbnail received in a chat, you can save the image in your LINE app. To save it in the default gallery app on your device, please tap Save after opening the image.
Images saved in the LINE app will become unavailable if you delete the app's cache using a cache clearing app.
For problems with images, videos, and audio messages, please try the following.
1. Close all running apps.
2. Restart your device.
3. Update your LINE app from the URL below.
4. Update your OS.
5. Delete any unneeded apps and data on your device.
If you're experiencing another issue with group chats, please try the following troubleshooting tips:
• Update the LINE app here.
• Restart your device.
• Go back to your chat list and reopen the chat room you're having issues with.
We respect your privacy above all else, and your sent/received messages and other information are treated with the highest level of security. LINE has established strict internal rules to ensure that your messages are protected.
Nothing you send or receive can be viewed by LINE or any third parties not participating in a chat.
How chats work/Using chats
Tap here to open the Privacy settings from your smartphone.
To block messages from LINE Game apps:
1. Go to the Home tab > Settings > Notifications > Authorized apps.
2. Tap the game you want to block messages from.
3. Turn off Messages and/or Notifications.
- If you turn off Messages, you will not receive messages but will continue to receive any gifts your friends send you.
- If you turn off Notifications, you will still receive LINE messages but will not be notified when they arrive.
Tap here to open the Authorized apps screen from your smartphone.
Get more out of chats
You can change your pop-up notification settings by following the steps below.
To show/hide message previews in pop-up notifications:
1. From the Home tab, tap Settings > Notifications.
2. Turn the Message previews to turn the setting ON or OFF.
Note: The profile icons of users that send you messages will appear in pop-up notifications on iOS 15 or later with LINE version 11.18.0 or later. Turn Message previews off to hide user profile icons in pop-up messages.
Tap here to open the Settings menu from your smartphone.
To configure how and where pop-up notifications appear:
1. On your device, tap Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap LINE in your list of apps.
3. Adjust the settings you want to change.
To configure your Timeline notification settings:
1. Go to the Home tab > Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap Timeline Notification to switch notifications ON or OFF.
Tap here to open the Settings menu on your smartphone.