Your device automatically syncs with LINE's servers when it can connect to a network. This keeps your account up to date.
However, if your device cannot successfully sync for some reason and its information differs from the information on LINE's servers, you can sync the information manually.
If any of the following issues occur and you are unable to fix them by updating LINE to the latest version or restarting the app, please try syncing your device information manually.
• Your chat list information is incorrect (e.g. a chat no longer appears even though you did not delete it)
- Affected information: Chat list
• Your chat history differs from what other users see (e.g. the content of your chat is different from your friend's chat)
- Affected information: Chat history
- You can select up to ten chats in your chat list each time you manually sync your chat history.
- Chat messages can no longer be synced manually after a certain period of time has passed. (We are unable to provide details about the exact length of time.)
To access the syncing screen, tap one of the links below from the smartphone that you use with LINE.
Note: Do not sync your information multiple times in succession.
Be sure to back up your chat history
before manually syncing it. If your chat history is encrypted and you don't back it up before doing a manual sync, you will no longer be able to see your chat messages.
Let us know if we can make it better.