Issues when verifying
If an error message appears during the verification process, please try restarting the app and your device. Please note an error message may appear if you stay on the verification screen for too long.
If the issue persists after doing so, please see the following articles:
If you are still experiencing difficulties even after following the above, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
If your phone is unable to receive SMS, please verify your account via phone call or with Facebook.
Note: Verification by phone call is only available in some countries, and verification with Facebook is only available on iOS and Android.
If you are unable to carry out any of the processes above, you will not be able to create a LINE account.
Using multiple devices
Email address and password
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please check the following:
• Is your registered email address entered correctly?
• Did you enter an email address different from the one you registered?
• Are you trying to send the password reset email repeatedly within a short period of time? Please wait approximately 24 hours between attempts.
• Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
• Do you have spam filters in place? Please try disabling them.
• Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
• Does the email address you are using comply to RFC standards? The following are examples of email addresses that do not comply to RFC standards.
- Addresses with a dot (.) right before the @ symbol: abcd.@xxx.com
- Addresses with consecutive dots (.): ab..firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addresses that begin with a hyphen (-): -email@example.com
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to transfer it using your Facebook account.
Transferring your account
Issues when transferring your account
Account transfer verification
On your previous device, start LINE and go to Settings > Account transfer > and turn ON the Allow account transfer setting. Afterwards, tap Continue on the "How to finish transferring your account" screen that will appear on your new smartphone.
From the “How to finish transferring your account” screen, tap Get account transfer code. You will receive a text message to the phone number you registered on LINE. On your new smartphone, enter the account transfer code from the text message that was sent to you.
From the “How to finish transferring your account” screen, tap Get account transfer code. An account transfer code will be sent to you in a chat message on LINE. After checking the message with the account transfer code, enter it on your new smartphone.
Note: A text message and a LINE chat message will be sent to you at the same time. You can see the account transfer code on platforms such as the PC version of LINE.
• You have not registered a phone number to your LINE account.
• You canceled or changed your phone number and are not receiving text messages.
LINE for PC
You can also log out from the PC your account is currently signed in to by tapping Log out.
LINE for iPad
You can also log out from the iPad your account is currently signed in to by tapping Log out.