To delete your LINE Pay account:
1. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap Settings > Delete Account > Delete Account.
2. Tap OK on the confirmation screen.
Important: Deleting your LINE Pay account will erase your account activity details, LINE Pay balance, and all of your other account information.
You will not be able to delete your account right away if:
• You've signed up for any LINE Pay services.
Before deleting your LINE Pay account, you need to delete/unlink the following services.
Note: Select a service for the steps to delete/unlink it. (Some Help articles are only available in Japanese.)
• You still have incomplete transactions.
If you've sent money to friends on LINE or made wire transfers, you cannot delete your LINE Pay account until all your transactions are finalized. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap Send Money > Transfer history and make sure there are no pending transactions, then delete your LINE Pay account.
• Your LINE Pay account has been suspended.
Reactivate your LINE Pay account by following the steps in this Help article
, then delete it.
• You have a LINE Pay balance of more than JPY 220.
Forfeit or withdraw your balance to a bank account, then delete your LINE Pay account.
- If you have a LINE Cash account, you can withdraw your balance after changing to a LINE Money account.
- Please understand that if you forfeit your balance, you will not be able to withdraw it after deleting your account.
• All of your payment transactions have not been finalized.
You cannot delete your LINE Pay account until all of your LINE Pay transactions (e.g. My Code, LINE Pay card, or Visa LINE Pay prepaid card payments) are finalized.
Note: LINE Pay card and Visa LINE Pay prepaid card transactions can take up to two months to be finalized from the time money is subtracted or refunded.
From the LINE Pay main menu, choose History and make sure that "Transaction Complete" appears for every transaction, then delete your LINE Pay account.
Note: Tap a transaction to check when it was made and completed, along with other details.
You cannot delete your LINE Pay account yourself if:
• You transferred your LINE account using a phone number from a different country.
• You transferred your LINE account to an OS that is not supported by LINE Pay.
Note: LINE Pay is not supported on OSes other than iOS and Android (e.g. Windows Phone).
In these cases, please contact Customer Care
and we will delete your LINE Pay account for you.
Note: If you have more than JPY 220 left in your LINE Pay balance, we will transfer your remaining balance to your registered bank account.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?