Logging in and out
To log out of the PC version of LINE, please follow the steps below:
1. Click the cogwheel icon.
Note: For the Chrome version of LINE, click the down arrow next to LINE on the top of the screen.
2. Click Log out.
If you are logged in to the PC version of LINE with an account you created on the smartphone app, you can also log out from the smartphone version by following the steps below:
1. Tap More > Settings.
2. Tap Account > Devices.
3. Tap Log out.
You may be logged out of the PC version of LINE if:
• Your account was logged into from another PC.
• The email address and password used to log in to your account were changed on the smartphone version of LINE.
• You were logged out from the smartphone version of LINE.
• The account was deleted from the smartphone version of LINE.
• You were disconnected from the network.
• You didn't use the app for a certain amount of time.
If you forgot your password, follow the steps below to reset it.
1. Start LINE for PC.
2. At the bottom of the email login screen, click Reset Password.
3. Enter your registered email address and click OK.
If you don't receive the password reset email, see here.
You can log in to the PC version of LINE with the following methods:
Note: You can only log in with a phone number if you signed up from the PC version of LINE.
We have added enhanced security to prevent unauthorized logins from the PC version of LINE.
If you see a verification code when you log in to the PC version of LINE, you will need it to verify your identity on the smartphone version of LINE.
Please follow the steps below on your smartphone.
1. Start the PC version of LINE.
2. Enter your email address and password and click Log in.
3. A 4 digit verification code will appear.
4. Start the smartphone version of LINE and enter the verification code that appears on the PC version of LINE.