If LINE closes suddenly (crashes) or doesn't start, try the following troubleshooting tips.
• Update the LINE app.
Issues may occur on older versions of the app. Update to the latest version here.
• Restart your PC.
Some issues can be resolved by restarting your device.
• Update your OS.
Issues may occur on older OSes. To check if there is a newer OS version available, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
• Check your security software.
Temporarily disable any security software you have (e.g. antivirus, firewall) and check if you can use LINE.
• Delete any unnecessary apps and data.
Your PC and the LINE app may not work as intended if your PC doesn't have enough storage space. Try using LINE again after deleting unnecessary data and freeing up some space.
The chat history that appears on LINE for Windows is saved on our servers, while the smartphone version of LINE shows chat history that's saved on your device.
Because the chat history shown on your PC and smartphone is stored in different places, you may notice that:
• Even if you reinstall the LINE app and your chat history no longer appears on your smartphone, you can still check your chat history on LINE for Windows for a certain period of time.
• Older chat history that's saved on your smartphone doesn't appear on LINE for Windows.
• There are differences between the chat history on the smartphone version of LINE and LINE for Windows.
Note: LINE for Windows chat logs are deleted after the determined retention period has passed. (We do not disclose the retention period for security reasons.)