To use LINE Money, you need to first verify your identity.
Linking a bank account
1. From the LINE Pay menu, tap Add Money > Bank Account.
2. Select your bank from the list.
Note: Identity verification is not available for those who linked a Japan Post Bank account before 12 pm on September 27, 20017. Only users who have linked a Japan Post Bank account after 6 pm on September 27 can verify their identities.
3. Enter the required information.
- Make sure to enter the name of the owner of the bank account.
- If you have a middle name that appears in the name registered to your bank account, please enter it in either the first or last name field.
After selecting your bank, please complete the respective registration process. If you have any questions about the steps on the bank website, please contact the bank directly for assistance.
Once your account is linked with your bank account, your identity will be verified in real time and you can start using LINE Money.
Note: The registration process will be completed in real time with any selected bank.
For more details about bank accounts you can link and the linked bank account service, please see the following article:
Important: As of September 27, 2017 we are no longer verifying identities using photos of users’ IDs.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?