From LINE version 6.4.0, you can save your chat history by backing it up on iCloud.
Note: In order to use this feature, your device must be running iOS version 8.1 or later.
Check out this video for the steps to back up your chat history.
Note: If the video doesn't play, try opening the link with a different browser.
After updating to the latest version of LINE, sign in to your iCloud account and do the following.
- If you want to back up and restore the app from iTunes, please do so at your own risk.
- Some photos and stickers in chats will not be restored, as cache data is not be backed up. If there are any important photos you don’t want to lose, please consider saving them to Albums or Keep on LINE beforehand.
To manually back up your history on iCloud:
1. Go to More > Settings > Chats.
2. Tap Chat history backup > Back up now.
You can restore your chat history to a new phone from an iCloud backup. Sign in to your iCloud account on your new device and do the following.
To restore your history from iCloud:
1. Start LINE on the new device.
2. Tap Log in and transfer your account.
3. If the screen to restore your chat history appears, tap Restore chat history from backup.
You can also save your chat history as a text file.
- You cannot save stickers, photos, videos, or voice messages.
- The history for each chat room will be saved; however, it cannot be restored on LINE.
- You can view the saved file on apps that can read text files.
To save your history as a text file:
1. Tap Chats and select the chat room you wish to save.
2. Tap the V icon on the top right > Settings.
3. Tap Export chat history and choose an option to send the file.