Yes, you can make voice and video calls using the PC version of LINE.
You can enjoy voice or video calls with any of your LINE friends, as long as you are on each other's friends lists.
There are 3 ways to make voice or video calls:
Calling From Your Friends List
Click Friends to bring up your friends list, then right-click on the friend you wish to call. Click either Free Call or Video Call to start a call. Your call will begin once your friend accepts the call.
Calling From a Chat
Click Chats to bring up the list of chats and open the chat of the friend you wish to call. Click on the Free Call or Video Call icon to start a call. Your call will begin once your friend accepts the call.
Calling from a Group Chat
Open the group chat and click on the number icon at the top of the screen. Click the profile picture of the friend you want to start a call with and click Free Call or Video Call to start calling. Your call will begin once your friend accepts the call.
Please follow one of the steps below.
- Select Join on the top right in the chat of the group with the existing call.
- Select the call icon on the top right of the message field.
- When you receive the message to start the call from the existing group call, select Join.
- When you receive the invitation message for the existing group call in a 1-on-1 chat, select Join.
To share your PC screen during a video call, group call, or live video:
1. At the top of a chat, click the call icon or Start a call or live video > Video call or Live.
2. During the video call or live video, click Share screen at the bottom of the screen > OK.
Note: You cannot use the screen sharing feature if someone else is already sharing their screen.
The share screen feature can be used with the following versions of LINE for PC:
• LINE meetings: Version 6.2.0 and later
• Video calls: Version 5.5.0 and later
• Group video calls: Version 5.23 and later
• Live videos: Version 5.24.0 and later
To display more participants on a group video call screen:
1. At the bottom of the main menu, click "..." > Settings.
2. Click Calls.
3. Check the box next to Display up to 49 participants in grid view.
This feature is available with the following system specifications.
• External graphics cards
- CPU 2 core or higher
- 1.5 GHz or higher
• Intel onboard graphics cards
- CPU 4 core or higher
- 1.5 GHz or higher
To share a YouTube video in a group video call, follow the steps below.
- You cannot use the screen sharing feature if someone else is already sharing their screen or a video.
- Some videos cannot be played.
1. Exit the group video call screen and copy the YouTube video or playlist URL you want to share.
2. Go back to the group video call screen.
3. At the bottom of the screen, click Share screen > YouTube.
4. Click Play.
To stop sharing a YouTube video, click Stop sharing.
You can set various filters, face effects, and background effects during or before joining a video call.
Various filters are available, including "Youth" and "Thursday."
Choose the face effect you want at any time from a number of options.
Blur your background or set a virtual one. When using a virtual background, you can choose from a number of available options or upload a photo of your own.
To set a filter, face effect, or background effect, follow the steps below.
Before joining a video call:
1. On the Camera preview screen, click Filter, Face effects, or Background effects.
2. Choose the filter, face effect, or background effect that you want to set.
3. Click Join.
Note: You can set filters and effects in advance for group video calls, LINE meetings, and live videos.
During a video call:
1. Click Video settings at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Click Filter, Face effects, or Background effects.
3. Choose the filter, face effect, or background effect that you want to set.
4. Click "X".
These features can be used with the following versions of LINE.
Filters and background effects
• LINE for Windows: Version 6.0.3 and later
• LINE for Mac: Version 5.24 and later
Note: You can use virtual backgrounds with version 6.0.2 and later.
• LINE for Windows and Mac: Version 6.4.0 and later
LINE meetings let you make group video calls with other LINE users by sharing a URL. It doesn't matter if you've added the users as friends or not.
You can use LINE meetings with LINE for PC version 6.2.0 and later. For more details about using LINE meetings, see the Help articles below.
You can make group video calls with other LINE users, regardless of whether you've added them as friends.
To create a meeting:
1. Click the Meeting icon from the main menu.
2. Click Create meeting.
The meeting will appear in the meeting list as "XXXX's meeting," with the user name of the person who created it. You can edit the meeting's name by clicking the pencil icon.
To delete a meeting, go to your meeting list and click "X" next to the meeting you want to delete > Delete.
To invite someone to a meeting:
• Click Invite and select the friend you want to invite.
• Use an invitation link by clicking Copy link and sharing it with the person you want to invite.
Note: Users that aren't your friends on LINE can also join the meeting from the invitation link.
To start a LINE meeting:
1. Click the link you received.
- If you're a minor or haven't finished verifying your age, you will not be able to use LINE meetings.
- The meeting's creator can also click Start from the meeting list.
2. On the preview screen, turn your camera and microphone ON or OFF.
- You can set a background effect or filter on the preview screen.
- If you choose to join without video, your profile photo will be shown instead.
- You can join a meeting with your microphone turned OFF and then turn it ON later.
3. Confirm that you agree to have your display name and profile photo shown.
After a meeting has started, you can use the on-screen icons to confirm the number of people currently participating, add new participants, and turn your audio and video ON or OFF.
You can also set a filter or background effect in Video settings. Clicking Share screen lets you share your screen.
To end a meeting, click End call at the bottom of the meeting screen.
If you want to remove someone from a meeting for inappropriate behavior, follow the steps below.
1. Click Participants at the bottom of the meeting screen.
2. On the participants list, click "X" next to the participant you want to remove.
3. Click Delete on the confirmation pop-up.
If the person keeps joining after you remove them, please delete the meeting and create a new one.
Note: Be careful not to invite that person to the new meeting.
For information on how to delete meetings, see this Help article.