Chat folders let you organize your chats into different categories. You can use the default folders that are available or create your own.
These folders automatically categorize your chats into one of the five folders listed below.
Note: A folder may not appear if you don't have any chats to go in it.
• All: Displays all of your chats
• Friends: Shows 1-on-1 chats with your friends
• Groups: Shows your group chats
• Official accounts: Displays official account chats
• OpenChat: Shows all of your OpenChats
Creating new folders
You can create your own folders and organize your chats for any purpose (e.g. based on family, work, friends). For the steps to create new folders, see this Help article.
To add a new chat folder:
1. To the right of your available chat folders, click the edit icon.
2. Click "+".
3. Enter a folder name, select the chats you want to add to the chat folder, and click Add.
4. Click "X".
Note: You can create up to 10 new chat folders.
To rename a chat folder:
1. Right-click the tab of the chat folder you want to rename.
2. Click Change folder name.
3. Enter a new folder name.
Note: Default folders (e.g. All, Friends, Groups, Official accounts) cannot be renamed.
To add a chat to a chat folder:
1. Right-click the tab of the chat folder that you want to add a chat to.
2. Click Add chats to this folder.
3. Select the chat you want to add to the chat folder and click Add.
Note: You can add up to 100 chats to a chat folder.
To move a chat to another chat folder, use one of the following methods.
• Select the chat you want to move, then drag and drop it in your preferred chat folder.
• Right-click the chat that you want to move, click Move to, and then click the name of your preferred chat folder.
To move a chat from a folder you created to a default folder:
1. Right-click the tab of the chat folder that has the chat you want to move.
2. Click Remove chats.
3. Select the chat you want to move and click Remove.
To delete a chat folder:
1. Right-click the chat folder you want to delete.
2. Click Delete folder.
- Default folders (e.g. All, Friends, Groups, Official accounts) can't be deleted.
- Any chats that are in a chat folder when it's deleted will automatically be moved to your default folders.
For the steps to turn the chat folder feature off, see this Help article.
To enable or disable chat folders:
1. At the bottom of the main menu, click "..." > Settings.
2. Click Chats.
3. Under Chat folder, uncheck the box next to Enable chat folders to turn the feature OFF, or check it to turn the feature ON.
Note: Turning this feature off will reset all of your folder settings.