Stories let you share moments from your day in posts that last for just 24 hours.
You can post the following types of content in stories:
• Video (up to 15 seconds)
• Photo (one per post)
You can also post stories when you change your profile icon, cover photo, and background music.
For details on who can see your stories, see this Help article.
To add a story, use one of the following methods:
• Tap Voom > Add story (the camera icon) at the top of the screen.
• Tap your icon at the top of the Home tab > Story.
• Open a story that you've already posted and tap Add story at the bottom of the screen.
After opening the Add story screen, follow the steps below for the type of story you want to make.
To share text in your story:
1. From the menu, select Text.
2. Choose a background color and text style > type something > tap Done.
3. Tap the arrow.
4. Adjust the position of your text.
Note: You can add stickers and further edit your post using the icons at the top of the screen.
5. Configure your privacy settings and tap Done.
To share an Avatar in your story:
1. From the menu, select Avatar.
2. Aim the camera at a flat surface to display your Avatar, or tap the face icon at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Tap the photo or video icon > the shutter button.
4. Edit the photo or video any way you like, then tap Done.
On the camera screen, you can:
• Change which direction the Avatar is facing by moving the slider above the shutter button.
• Tap a place on the screen to move the Avatar there.
• Switch to a different Avatar by tapping Select another Avatar at the top of the screen.
• Switch from augmented reality (AR) mode to a standard background by tapping the background icon under AR at the top right of the screen.
• Choose a pose for the Avatar by tapping the icon at the bottom right of the screen.
To share a photo in your story:
1. From the menu, select Photo.
2. Take a photo or tap the square icon at the lower right of the screen and select a photo.
3. Use the icons at the top of the screen to edit the photo.
4. Configure your privacy settings and tap Done.
To share a video in your story:
1. From the menu, select Video.
2. Take a video or tap the square icon at the lower right of the screen and select a video.
3. Tap the scissors icon to select the part of the video you want to post > Done.
4. Configure your privacy settings and tap Done.
Note: You can post up to 15 seconds of video.
Once you've posted a story, it cannot be edited. If you want to edit a story you're sharing, you need to delete it and post a new one.
To delete a story within 24 hours of posting it:
1. Open the story.
2. Tap the options icon at the top right of the screen > Delete > Delete.
Note: If you have multiple stories posted, follow the steps above for the ones you want to delete when they appear.
To delete a story after 24 hours have passed since posting it:
1. Tap your icon at the top of the Home tab.
2. Tap LINE VOOM posts > Photos & videos.
3. Tap Past stories > the story you want to delete.
4. Tap the options icon at the top right of the screen > Delete > Delete.
You can share a story with only certain users by creating a custom list.
To create a custom list:
1. Tap Public or the custom list name at the bottom of the story editing screen.
Note: The privacy setting you choose will remain the next time you make a post.
2. Tap Custom lists > + Create list.
3. Tap the users you want to add from the Following/Followers tabs > Next.
4. Enter a custom list name and tap Save.
Note: The custom list will be applied to all of your LINE VOOM posts, in addition to your story.
If you already have custom lists created, select the one you want to share to when making a post.
To see your stories after 24 hours have passed:
1. Tap the Home tab > your icon at the top of the screen.
2. Tap LINE VOOM posts at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap Photos & Videos > Past stories.
4. Tap the story you want to see.
Note: Only you can view the stories saved in Past stories.
Like other people's stories to let them know you enjoyed them. Only you and the user who posted the story will be able to see that you liked it.
You can reply to someone's story with a text message if you are friends on LINE. Your message will appear in a chat between just the two of you.
Note: You can delete sent messages only in the chat.
To like a story or send a message:
1. Tap the story.
2. Tap the sticker icon at the bottom of the screen, or enter a message and tap the send icon.
Note: You can select from various reactions when you tap and hold the sticker icon.
To check who viewed/liked your story:
1. From your own story post, tap the number of viewers/likes at the bottom of the screen.
2. Check under the viewer and like tabs.
After 24 hours have passed, you'll still be able to see who liked your story, but not who viewed it. (Only the number of viewers will appear.)
For the steps to see your stories after 24 hours have passed, see this Help article.