In addition to the smartphone version, you can also sign up for a LINE account on your PC.
Note: You need to have a phone number that can receive calls or text messages.
1. Download the PC version of LINE here.
2. Start the PC version of LINE.
3. Click Sign up or Registration.
4. After selecting your country and entering your phone number, click Next.
5. Enter the verification code sent by text message to the phone number you entered in step 4 and click Next.
6. Enter your password twice and click Next.
7. After entering your name, turn Allow Others to Add ON or OFF, and click Done.
8. Register an email address or click Skip.
• iOS: 11.0 or later
• Android OS: 5.0 or later
• Windows 8.1 or later
• Mac OS X 10.10 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
• iPad 4 or later (iOS 11.0 or later)
• Apple Watch: watchOS 6 or later
• Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear): Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: You cannot sign up for a new account on smartwatches.
Although not recommended, you can use the following versions of LINE on older OSes.
Note: Some features cannot be used on older OSes.
• iOS 10.0 to 10.3.4: LINE 9.16.1 and earlier
You cannot create a new account or transfer your existing LINE account if you're using iOS 9.3.6 or earlier. For details about account sign-up and login support ending for LINE 9.1.0 and earlier for iOS, see this Help article.
• Android OS 4.4 to 4.4.4: LINE 9.10.2 and earlier
You cannot sign up for a new account or transfer your existing LINE account if you're using Android OS 4.3.1 or earlier. For details about account sign-up and login support ending for LINE 9.1.1 and earlier for Android, see this Help article.
Note: Even if you're using Android OS 5.0 or later, you may not be able to install LINE from the app store offered by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider in some cases.
LINE is not supported on the following devices:
• iPod touch
• SmartTV BOX
• Fire OS devices such as Kindle
• PHS devices
• Simulators/emulators (virtual environments)
• Android tablets
• Devices with a custom OS
The following versions of LINE can be used on PCs.
Note: The version you can use depends on your OS.
• LINE for Windows
• LINE for Chrome
• LINE for Mac
• LINE for Chrome
You can download LINE here.
Note: You need to download the Google Chrome browser to install LINE for Chrome.
To set LINE to automatically run when Windows starts, use either of the following methods:
• Check the "Run LINE when Windows starts" option at the login screen.
• Log in and go to Settings > Basic Settings, and check the "Run LINE when Windows starts" option.
Please see the information below for the type of LINE you're using.
LINE for Windows or Mac:
1. Start LINE.
2. At the top of the login screen, click Settings > About LINE.
Note: You can also check the version after logging in by clicking "..." > About LINE.
LINE for Chrome:
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser.
2. Click the icon at the top right of the browser > More tools.
3. On the menu that appears to the left, click Extensions.
4. Under LINE, click Details.
Uninstalling or deleting the LINE app will not delete your account.
If you want to delete your account, read the following notes before trying the steps below.
Note: You can only delete your account from the PC version of LINE if you signed up for it on PC.
- Deleting your account will also delete all data such as your registered phone number on LINE, friends, groups, chat history, etc.
- Even if you reinstall LINE, you won’t be able to restore your data after deleting your account.
1. Log in from the PC version of LINE.
2. Click the settings icon > Settings.
3. Click Basic.
4. Click Delete Account at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If Delete Account doesn't appear, make the app full screen and try again.
To change your profile photo:
1. Click the settings icon > Settings.
2. Click Basic.
3. Click the camera icon on the lower right of your profile photo.
4. Click Select from My Computer.
5. Select the photo you want to set and click Open.
6. After cropping the photo, click OK.
Your registered email address cannot be changed on LINE for PC.
If you're only using LINE for PC
To change your email address, you will need to delete your current account and sign up for a new one.
Important: This will delete your friends and chat history.
If you're using LINE on both your smartphone and PC
You can change your email address from the LINE smartphone app. For the steps to change your email address, see this Help article.