A LINE account is defined as the phone number, name, photo, ID, and other information used on LINE. By deleting your account, all of the aforementioned information will be deleted.
An ID is a key used to identify LINE users. This is not configured by default when you first start using the service. You can configure one by going to the Home tab > Settings > Profile.
Important: LINE IDs cannot be changed once configured.
With a LINE ID, users who do not know your phone number can easily find and add you as a friend if you exchange IDs with them. If you do not want other users to find you using your ID, you can turn off Allow others to add me by ID under Profile.
Note: Publicizing LINE IDs on the internet for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters is prohibited by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
To set a LINE ID:
1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Profile > LINE ID.
2. Enter your preferred ID and tap Check.
3. On the message that says "This ID is available," tap Use.
Tap here to go to the LINE ID setting on your smartphone.
- Once you set an ID, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- If you see a message saying "This ID is unavailable" in step 3, it means that someone is already using that ID. In this case, please register a different ID.
- As stated in our Terms and Conditions of Use, making your ID public on the internet for the purpose of meeting other people is not allowed.
If an error occurs when you follow the steps above, or if the LINE ID field doesn't change and remains blank, your device information may not be synced with the information on LINE's servers. For more information, see this Help article.
LINE IDs cannot be changed once set. If you wish to do so, you will need to delete your account and create a new one.
Note: By deleting your account, all of your purchased stickers and Coins, phone number registered to LINE, friends and groups list, chat history, and registrations with integrated apps (such as LINE Game titles and LINE PLAY) will be deleted.
If the "This ID is unavailable." message appears when you try to set a LINE ID, or if another user appears when you search for that ID in Add friends, it means that someone is already using it.
With LINE, you cannot set the same ID as another user. Please try setting a different ID.
If you see a different error message, or if the LINE ID field doesn't change and remains blank, your device information may not be synced with the information on LINE's servers. For more information, see this Help article.
Your device automatically syncs with LINE's servers when it can connect to a network. This keeps your account up to date.
However, if your device cannot successfully sync for some reason and its information differs from the information on LINE's servers, you can sync the information manually.
If the following issues occur and you are unable to fix them by updating LINE to the latest version or restarting the app, please try syncing your device information manually.
• Friend and group information differs from the information your friends see
- Affected information: Friends, groups, group invitations, friend recommendations, favorites, hidden accounts, and blocked accounts
- Example: The group name you see differs from the name your friends see; You receive chat messages from someone whose account you've blocked.
• Profile screen information differs from the information your friends see, or changes to settings don't appear
- Affected information: Profile photo, display name, status message, LINE ID, birthday, LINE Profile+, and other settings
- Example: The profile photo you set differs from the one your friends see on their LINE accounts.
To access the syncing screen, tap one of the links below from the smartphone that you use with LINE.
Note: Do not sync your information multiple times in succession.