Groups and multi-person chats
To create a group:
1. Tap the Home/Friends tab > Add friends (the silhouette icon) > Create group.
2. Select the friends you want to add as members, then tap Next.
3. Enter a group name, then tap Create.
-The friends you invite won't become group members until they select Join in their invitation.
- Group names can be up to 50 characters long.
- You can update to the latest version of LINE here.
A group is deleted automatically when all its members have left. If there are still members in a group, follow the steps below to delete them first.
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the group chat screen > Members.
2. Tap Edit at the top right of the screen.
3. Tap the Delete button next to the member you want to delete.
4. Tap OK.
After all of the other members have been deleted, you can delete the group by leaving it. For the steps to leave a group, see this Help article.
To invite new members to a group:
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the chat screen > Invite.
2. Select the friends you want to invite and tap Invite.
Note: Friends who have already been invited or are already in the group will appear grayed out.
Your chat messages, notes, albums, and photos will not be deleted if you leave a group. If there is anything you want to delete, make sure to do so before leaving the group.
When a group member deletes their account or leaves the group, a message appears saying "XXXX left the group."
To leave a group:
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the group chat screen > Leave.
2. Tap OK.
If every member leaves, all of the content posted in the group will be deleted and cannot be restored.
To create a group from a multi-person chat:
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the chat screen > Other settings.
2. Tap Create group.
3. Select the friends you want to add and tap Next.
4. Enter a name, set a profile photo, and then tap Create.
Note: Messages from the multi-person chat will not be transferred to the group. To view your past messages, you'll still need to check the multi-person chat.
For more information about groups, see here.