Email address & password
If you are not able to use your email address and do not remember your password, you will not be able to use them to transfer your account after changing devices or reinstalling the app.
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to carry it over using your Facebook account.
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please check the following:
• Is your registered email address entered correctly?
• Did you enter an email address different from the one you registered?
• Are you trying to send the password reset email repeatedly within a short period of time? Please wait approximately 24 hours between attempts.
• Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
• Do you have spam filters in place? Please try disabling them.
• Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
• Does the email address you are using comply to RFC standards? The following are examples of email addresses that do not comply to RFC standards.
- Addresses with a dot (.) right before the @ symbol: abcd.@xxx.com
- Addresses with consecutive dots (.): ab..email@example.com
- Addresses that begin with a hyphen (-): -firstname.lastname@example.org
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to transfer it using your Facebook account.
If you cannot recall your email address when changing to a new device or reinstalling the app, you will not be able to use it to transfer your account.
If your LINE account is linked to a Facebook account, you can use it to transfer your account.