You can back up your chats by selecting Backup Chat History from each chat room.
When you back up your chat history, backup files will automatically be created on the SD card or on your device. Before backing up your chat history, make sure you have enough free space on the SD card and your device.
To back up your chat history, please follow the steps below:
1. From the Chats tab, select the chat room with the chat you want to back up.
2. Tap the V icon at the top-right of the screen > Chat Settings.
3. Tap Backup Chat History.
If you want to restore your chat history at a later time, select Backup All and follow the steps above for each chat room.
- If you select Backup as a Text File, things such as stickers, photos, videos, and voice messages will not be saved and cannot be restored.
- If you select Backup All, you will be able to restore things such as your chat history and stickers for each chat room you selected this option for.
If you are viewing this page on your smartphone, tap this link to move to your chat list.
If you successfully carried over your account from the LINE User Login screen, you will be able to restore the chats that were saved by selecting Backup All.
For steps on how to restore your chat history, please refer to this article.
Important notes when changing devices:
- If your chat history was saved on your device, you will need to copy the backup file to an external device like an SD card.
For more information regarding issues with importing your chat history, please refer to the following Help article: