When you hide a friend:
• You can still receive chat messages from them.
• They won't appear in your friends list, and will be moved to the Hidden users list.
• You'll see their profile and Timeline updates.
Hiding a user doesn't remove them completely as a friend or friend recommendation. To do so, please see the following article:
To hide a friend:
1. Tap the Friends tab.
2. Tap and hold the name of the friend you want to hide.
3. Tap Hide > OK.
To unhide a hidden friend:
1. Go to More > Settings.
2. Tap Friends.
3. Tap Hidden users.
4. Tap Edit next to the friend you want to unhide.
5. Tap Unhide to display the friend again.
Tap here to go to the Settings menu from your smartphone.
Note: It may take a while for the changes to take effect.
To archive a chat, please see the following article: