To create a group:
1. At the top right of the Friends tab, tap Add friends (the silhouette icon) > Create group.
2. Enter a name for the group, then select the friends you want to add as members.
3. Tap Save.
-The friends you invite won't become group members until they select Join in their invitation.
- If you're using LINE version 8.13.0 or later, your group name can be up to 50 characters long.
- You can update to the latest version of LINE here.
To cancel a group invitation:
1. Tap the relevant group on the Friends tab.
2. Tap > next to the member icons.
3. On the Members tab under Pending members, tap the member whose invitation you want to cancel.
4. Tap Cancel.
You can view group notes and albums in the following ways:
• Tap the group you want to view the notes or albums for on your friends list, then tap Notes or Album on the group profile.
• Tap the notes icon at the top right of a group chat.
• Tap the Timeline menu icon at the top right of the Timeline, then the icon of the group you want to view the notes or albums for.
To post a group note:
1. Tap a group on the Friends tab.
2. Tap Notes.
3. Tap the pencil icon at the bottom right > Write.
4. Tap What's new? and write your note, then tap Post.
If you want to post an image, please use the Album feature, which is specifically for posting and viewing images.
You can only delete group notes that you created.
To delete group notes:
1. Tap a group under the Friends tab.
2. Tap Notes.
3. Tap ... at the top right of the note you want to delete.
4. Tap Delete.
5. Tap OK or Delete.
To delete a group album:
1. Go to the Friends tab, then select the group with the album you want to delete.
2. Tap Album followed by the album you want to delete.
3. Tap the triangle next to the album name, then Delete Album.
You cannot delete posts, Likes, or comments made using an old account. To delete a comment posted using a previous account, you will need to ask the author of the post it is attached to help you. To delete a Like made using a previous account, the post it is attached to needs to be deleted.
Your chat messages, notes, albums, and photos will not be deleted if you leave a group. If there is any data you want to delete, please do so before leaving the group.
When a group member deletes their account or leaves the group, a message saying "(friend's display name) left the group." will appear.
To leave a group:
1. Tap the name of the group you want to leave from the Friends tab.
2. Tap Chat.
3. Tap "V" at the top right of the chat.
4. Tap Leave > OK.
If every member leaves the group, all the posts in it will be deleted and cannot be restored.
A group is deleted automatically when all its members have left. If there are still members in a group, follow the steps below to delete them first.
1. Tap the Friends tab.
2. Tap the name of the group you want to delete.
3. Tap a member icon, Notes, or Albums.
4. Tap Members.
5. Tap Edit > Delete.
After all the other members have been deleted, select Leave to remove yourself and delete the group.
To set a group cover photo:
1. Tap the Friends tab > the group you want to set a cover photo for.
2. Tap and hold the cover photo, then tap Select group cover photo.
3. Select the photo you want to set, adjust the size, then tap OK.
4. Edit the photo any way you like, then tap Done.