You can send 1-on-1 chat messages through Google Assistant without starting the LINE app. To do so, you need to allow the setting that adds your LINE friend information (names and profile photos) to your device's contacts.
Note: Turn ON Add LINE friends as contacts by agreeing to the pop-up that appears when you update the app or by following the steps under "Advance preparations" below.
This feature can be used with the following app and OS versions:
• LINE version 10.4.0 or later
• Android OS version 6.0 or later
On your Android device:
1. Tap Settings > Accounts > LINE.
2. Tap Sync account and turn ON Sync Contacts.
In the LINE app:
1. Tap the Home/Friends tab > Settings > Google Assistant.
2. Check the box next to Add LINE friends as contacts.
Note: Users in your device's contacts will not be added as your LINE friends.
To send chat messages in LINE with Google Assistant from your Android device:
1. Start Google Assistant and say "Send LINE".
2. Choose a recipient, enter your message, and then then say or type "Confirm." You can then check your sent message in LINE.
- English and Japanese are the only languages supported.
- The recipient's name will appear twice on the message pop-up: as it appears in your device's contacts on top, and as it's registered in LINE on the bottom.
To turn this feature off:
1. Start LINE and tap the Home/Friends tab > Settings > Google Assistant.
2. Uncheck the box next to Add LINE friends as contacts.
3. Tap Delete.
The LINE friends that were added to your device's contacts will be deleted, and you will no longer be able to send them 1-on-1 chat messages through Google Assistant.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?