Select a device below to see the recommended system specifications for LINE.
• iOS: 14.0 or later
• Android: 8.0 or later
• Windows 10 or later
• macOS Mojave 10.14 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later Note: You cannot sign up for a new account with LINE for PC.
• iPadOS 14.0 or later
• Android 12L or later (or Android 13 or later for Samsung tablets)
• Apple Watch: watchOS 7 or later
• Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear): LINE 12.3.0 or later; Wear OS 3.0 or later; Android 8 or later Note: You cannot sign up for a new account on smartwatches.
Although not recommended, you can use the following versions of LINE on older OSes.
Note: Some features cannot be used on older OSes.
• iOS 13.0 to 13.7: Up to LINE 12.4.0
• iOS 12.0 to 12.5.6: Up to LINE 11.17.0
• iOS 11.0 to 11.4.1: Up to LINE 10.17.0 Note: - You cannot use the app with iOS 10.3.4 or earlier. - You cannot create new accounts or transfer existing accounts with versions of LINE older than 11.13.0. - Try updating the LINE app here as well as your OS.
• Android OS 7.0 to 7.1.2: Up to LINE 12.18.0
• Android OS 6.0 to 6.0.1: Up to LINE 11.15.0
• Android OS 5.0 to 5.1.1: Up to LINE 11.5.0 Note:
- You cannot use LINE with Android OS 4.4.4 or earlier.
- Even if you're using Android OS 8.0 or later, you may not be able to install LINE from the app store offered by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider in some cases. - You cannot create new accounts or transfer existing accounts with versions of LINE older than 11.13.0. - Try updating the LINE app here as well as your OS.
Can I create another LINE account with the information registered to my current account?
A phone number, email address, or Facebook account cannot be registered to more than one LINE account at the same time. When you register the same information to a new account, it is removed from the account it was previously used with.
A LINE account needs to be registered with a phone number or Facebook account at all times. If an account is no longer linked with either of these after information has been removed, it will become inaccessible.
Note: When an account becomes inaccessible, its friends, chats, and other data is deleted and cannot be recovered.
Take care not to use the same information registered to an account you're currently using if you make an account on another device. If you want to create multiple LINE accounts, you need to register them with different information and use them on separate devices.
Note: Only one LINE account is meant to be used per device.
All of LINE's basic features can be used for free.
Note: Some items, such as Coins and Stickers, must be purchased to use in LINE.
Please understand that you will need to pay for any data usage fees that you may be charged depending on the data plan you have with your mobile phone carrier. You may be charged every time you connect to the service if you are paying for only the amount of data you use. For this reason, we recommend signing up for a flat-rate data plan if you don't already have one.
All of LINE's features can be used for free, even when you're overseas.
Also, there are no fees for using LINE with someone who lives in another country.
Please understand, however, that you will need to pay for any data usage fees incurred, even when using the app overseas. These fees will depend on the data plan you have with your mobile service provider, but international data usage fees may differ from your regular plan, so make sure to check your mobile contract or inquire with your mobile service provider for details.
If you want to keep using your current LINE account with a phone number from a different country, see this Help article.
With the smartphone version of LINE, the same account cannot be used on multiple devices. Only one phone number or email address can be used to verify one account per device. If you register the same phone number on a different device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to use it.
You can use the same account on the PC and iPad versions of LINE by logging in with the same email address.
If you've been using the LINE app with HUAWEI AppGallery
The LINE app will no longer be available to update or download on HUAWEI AppGallery from April 7, 2022.
If you want to update or install the LINE app, download the latest APK file here.
Note: Devices using HUAWEI AppGallery do not support Google Mobile Services (GMS), so you will not be able to use push notifications and some other features, even if you install the APK file from the link above.