You can report spam or problematic messages and the people that send them from inside a chat.
Note: Rest assured that if you report someone, they won't be notified that you did so.
To report someone in a chat:
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the chat screen > Other settings.
2. Tap Report.
3. Select your reason for reporting the person, then tap Agree & send.
To report spam or problematic messages:
1. Tap and hold the message you want to report.
2. Tap Report.
3. Select your reason for reporting the message, then tap Agree & send.
4. Choose whether or not to block the sender.
We will investigate the matter based on your report. If we find that the person has violated our Terms and Conditions, we will take appropriate action.
Please understand that we cannot provide details regarding the results of our investigation or any actions taken. This is in order to protect the privacy of all of our users.
For the steps to report a post on LINE VOOM, see this Help article.
As messages sent in chats are covered by the law governing privacy of communications, no LINE employee or third party, besides the chat participants themselves, will be able to view them. LINE treats the chat history and other information of its users as important personal information, and handles them with the maximum level of security possible.
Letter Sealing is a feature that provides end-to-end encryption (E2EE) for chat messages. E2EE is a communication system designed so that messages saved on our servers are encrypted and cannot be read by anyone except the sender and receiver of the message.
Once the sender and receiver have both turned on Letter Sealing, they will be able to start sending messages with added security.
The following information will be encrypted:
• Text messages (not including messages sent through other services like YouTube)
• Location information
• 1-on-1 voice/video calls
Note: We plan to expand Letter Sealing’s functionality in the future.
If you use LINE for iPad or PC after turning on Letter Sealing, you'll be required to verify your identity the first time you send a message by entering a 6-digit verification code on the smartphone version of LINE.
If you have a web page open in the LINE app, you can continue to display the in-app browser as an icon at the top of the screen. This way, you can keep sending messages or doing other things in the app without closing the page, and it will be there so you can return to it later.
To minimize a web page that you have open in LINE without closing it, tap the collapse icon at the top left of the opened web page. The page will then move to the top right of the screen where it will appear as an icon.
Tap the icon to return the browser to its original size. To close the browser that appears as an icon, use one of the methods below.
• Tap the icon > "X" at the top right of the opened web page.
• Drag the icon and swipe it off of the screen.
• Tap and move the icon, then drag it to the "X" that appears in the center of the screen.
If you receive a LINE notification while browsing a web page in LINE, you can also tap the notification to minimize the web page to an icon without closing it.
To set a chat wallpaper:
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the screen in a chat > Other settings.
2. Tap Chat wallpaper > Illustrations, Colors, or Your photos.
3. Tap the design or photo you want to use.
4. Check the preview screen and tap Apply.
- If you select a design from Illustrations or Colors, you can preview other wallpapers by swiping left or right on the Wallpaper preview screen.
- To exit the Chat wallpaper screen, tap "X" at the top right or "<" at the top left of the screen.