To display a hidden chat:
1. Tap the Home tab > the relevant group or friend under Groups or Friends.
2. Tap Chat from the pop-up.
You won't be able to display a chat with someone if they don't appear in your friend list for one of the following reasons:
• You haven't added them as a friend on LINE.
• You deleted them from your friend list.
• They deleted their LINE account.
You can unsend a message within 24 hours of sending it. This removes the message so that it can no longer be seen by anyone in the chat where it was sent, even after it has been read. To unsend a message, just tap and hold it, then select Unsend.
- Everyone will still be able to see a notice that shows you removed a message.
- There is no way to unsend anything (e.g. text messages, photos) that has already been deleted from a chat.
- We will not be able to recover or unsend anything deleted from a chat room.
You can unsend text messages, stickers, photos, videos, voice messages, songs shared from LINE MUSIC, URLs, contact information, location information, files, and call histories.
You can delete messages in chats so they don't appear on your device anytime.
Important: Deleting messages by following the steps below will only delete them on your device, and they will still be visible to any other users in the chat room.
To delete a message:
1. Tap and hold the message you want to delete.
2. Tap Delete or Delete messages.
3. Tap Delete and confirm by tapping Delete once again.
You can unsend messages so that other users can no longer see them if 24 hours haven't passed since they were sent (regardless of whether they have been read or not). For more information about unsending messages, see this Help article.
To block messages from LINE GAME apps, please follow the steps below.
1. Tap the settings icon > Notifications > Authorized Apps.
2. Tap the app you do not want to receive notifications for.
3. Turn OFF Receive Messages or Receive Notifications.
You will no longer receive messages from the app by turning OFF Receive Messages; however you will still receive gifts awarded to you from friends.
By turning OFF Receive Notification, you will still receive LINE chat messages; however you will not receive notifications for them.
To hide a chat:
1. Tap the Chats tab.
2. Tap the menu icon at the top right or Edit at the top left of the screen.
3. On the Edit chats screen, select the chats you want to hide and tap Hide.
To hide chats individually, swipe left on the chat you want to hide and then tap Hide > Hide.
To stop strangers from messaging you:
1. Settings > Privacy.
2. Turn Filter messages ON.
With the Filter messages setting turned on, you will no longer receive messages from strangers, but you also will not receive messages from any acquaintances that are in your Friend recommendations.