iPad version of LINE
The following are ways you can use LINE on iPad.
Using your smartphone LINE account on iPad
On the login screen, enter your email address and password that is registered on the smartphone version of LINE, and tap Login. If you wish to log in with a QR code, tap QR Code Login.
If you wish to create a new account
Tap Sign up on the bottom right of the login screen and follow the prompts. Please refer to the following articles for steps on creating a new account. Please note that LINE requires a phone number or Facebook verification.
If you wish to carry over your account
Tap "If you have been using LINE on a non-smartphone device only" on the bottom of the screen and carry over your account.
The following features are not available if you are using the iPad version of LINE with your smartphone LINE account.
- Creating a new account
- Auto Add Friends via phone number and phone number search
- Purchasing paid stickers, themes and Coins
- Receiving gifts
- Deleting all chat history
- LINE Pay
- LINE Out (paid voice calls)
LINE provides free messenger and VoIP services on 3G and Wi-Fi networks. Users do not have to pay for these services. We also offer optional paid services such as some stickers and Coins.
As with any other apps, you may be charged a 3G usage fee by your mobile phone company if you do not subscribe to an unlimited data plan, or if you exceed the data usage limit of your plan.
- Depending on your current plan, you may not be able to use the VoIP service for free. Please contact your network carrier for more information.
We hope you enjoy using LINE!
LINE is available anywhere in the world, as long as you can connect to a 3G or Wi-Fi network. You can use the service for free over Wi-Fi, however, as with any other apps, you may be charged a data usage fee on the 3G network, depending on your network usage.
Please check with your phone company about roaming fees before using LINE overseas on your Smartphone.
Of course, LINE is free and will not even charge you for international calls!
We recommend the following system specifications for using LINE.
• iOS: 10.0 or later
Note: LINE cannot be newly installed on earlier versions of iOS. However, earlier iOS versions are compatible with the following versions of LINE:
- iOS versions earlier than 8.0: LINE version 6.7.0
- iOS versions 8.0 and earlier than 9.0: Up to LINE version 7.16.0
- iOS versions 9.0 and earlier than 10.0: Up to LINE version 8.13.0
• Android: 4.4 or later
Note: LINE cannot be newly installed on earlier versions of Android. However, earlier Android versions are compatible with the following versions of LINE:
- Between Android versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4: Up to LINE version 7.2.2.
- Between Android versions 4.1 and 4.3.1: Up to LINE version 8.11.0.
• Windows 10 Mobile: OS 10
• Windows 7 and later
• Mac OS X 10.10 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
Note: Use the Chrome version of LINE with the following OSes.
- Windows: 7 and later
- Mac: OS X 10.9 and later
- Chrome OS
• iPad 4 or later (iOS 10.0 or later)
• Android Wear: Wear OS 4.3 or later
• Apple Watch: WatchOS 4 or later
Note: New accounts cannot be created on smartwatches.
The devices below are not supported:
- iPod touch
- SmartTV BOX
- Fire OS devices
- PHS devices
- Simulators/ emulators (virtual environments)
- Android tablets