- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Android Lite
iPad version of LINE
The following are ways you can use LINE on iPad.
Using your smartphone LINE account on iPad
On the login screen, enter your email address and password that is registered on the smartphone version of LINE, and tap Login. If you wish to log in with a QR code, tap QR Code Login.
If you wish to create a new account
Tap Sign up on the bottom right of the login screen and follow the prompts. Please refer to the following articles for steps on creating a new account. Please note that LINE requires a phone number or Facebook verification.
If you wish to carry over your account
Tap "If you have been using LINE on a non-smartphone device only" on the bottom of the screen and carry over your account.
The following features are not available if you are using the iPad version of LINE with your smartphone LINE account.
- Creating a new account
- Auto Add Friends via phone number and phone number search
- Purchasing paid stickers, themes and Coins
- Receiving gifts
- Deleting all chat history
- LINE Pay
- LINE Out (paid voice calls)
LINE provides free messenger and VoIP services on 3G and Wi-Fi networks. Users do not have to pay for these services. We also offer optional paid services such as some stickers and Coins.
As with any other apps, you may be charged a 3G usage fee by your mobile phone company if you do not subscribe to an unlimited data plan, or if you exceed the data usage limit of your plan.
- Depending on your current plan, you may not be able to use the VoIP service for free. Please contact your network carrier for more information.
We hope you enjoy using LINE!
LINE is available anywhere in the world, as long as you can connect to a 3G or Wi-Fi network. You can use the service for free over Wi-Fi, however, as with any other apps, you may be charged a data usage fee on the 3G network, depending on your network usage.
Please check with your phone company about roaming fees before using LINE overseas on your Smartphone.
Of course, LINE is free and will not even charge you for international calls!
We recommend the following system specifications for using LINE:
• iOS devices
Devices running iOS 8.0 or later
Note: Devices running a version of iOS earlier than 8.0 can use LINE up to version 6.7.0.
• Android devices
Devices running Android OS 4.0.3 or later
Note: Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 2.3.0 can use LINE up to version 4.5.4. Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 4.0.3 can use LINE up to version 5.1.4.
• Windows Phone
OS 7.5 or later
OS 5, 6, 7
Note: OS 10 is not supported.
Asha (Excepting some device models)
OS 1.1 or later
OS 2.4 or later
• Feature phone (non-smartphone mobile phones)
DoCoMo, Softbank, au
Note: Only available for use in Japan.
Windows Vista 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit)
Note: Windows XP can be used, although it is not a recommended OS.
10.7 Lion - 10.11 El Capitan
- If you are using 10.8 Mountain Lion, please go to Settings > Security & Privacy, then select Anywhere under Allow applications downloaded.
- The Video Call and video playing features cannot be used with 10.6 Snow Leopard.
• Windows 8
Windows 8.0, 8.1 (x86, x64, ARM)
Note: You cannot create a new account with Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
• Windows 10
Chrome browser version 42 or later
- Windows: Vista or later (32/64 bit)
- Mac: 10.7 Lion or later
- Chrome OS
Note: Windows XP and Chromium OS can be used, but they are not recommended OSes.
iPad 2 or later (iOS 7 or later)
• Apple Watch
Watch OS 1.0 or later
- You cannot create a new account on Apple Watch.
- Please check to make sure the iPhone you are using for pairing is updated to iOS 9 or later.
• Android Wear
Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: You cannot create a new account on Android Wear devices.
The following devices are not supported:
- iPod touch
- SmartTV BOX
- Fire OS for Kindle, etc.
- PHS devices
- Simulators/ emulators (virtual environments)