iPad version of LINE
You can use LINE on your iPad in the following ways.
• Use your LINE account on your regular device and your iPad
Enter the email address and password registered to your account, then tap Log in.
Note: To log in with a QR code, tap QR code login. For the steps to log in with a QR code, see this Help article.
• Create a new LINE account
Tap Create a new account or transfer an account from another device at the bottom of the screen.
To create a new LINE account with your phone number, see this Help article.
• Transfer your LINE account
Tap Create a new account or transfer an account from another device at the bottom of the screen. For more information, see the Help articles below.
Note: You can only use your Apple ID to transfer your account to another iOS device.
The following features are not available if you are using the iPad version of LINE with your smartphone LINE account.
- Creating a new account
- Auto Add Friends via phone number and phone number search
- Purchasing paid stickers, themes and Coins
- Receiving gifts
- Deleting all chat history
- LINE Pay
- LINE Out (paid voice calls)
LINE provides free messenger and VoIP services on 3G and Wi-Fi networks. Users do not have to pay for these services. We also offer optional paid services such as some stickers and Coins.
As with any other apps, you may be charged a 3G usage fee by your mobile phone company if you do not subscribe to an unlimited data plan, or if you exceed the data usage limit of your plan.
- Depending on your current plan, you may not be able to use the VoIP service for free. Please contact your network carrier for more information.
We hope you enjoy using LINE!
LINE is available anywhere in the world, as long as you can connect to a 3G or Wi-Fi network. You can use the service for free over Wi-Fi, however, as with any other apps, you may be charged a data usage fee on the 3G network, depending on your network usage.
Please check with your phone company about roaming fees before using LINE overseas on your Smartphone.
Of course, LINE is free and will not even charge you for international calls!
• iOS: 12.0 or later
• Android: 6.0 or later
• Windows 8.1 or later
• Mac OS X 10.13 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
• iPad 4 or later (iOS 12.0 or later)
• Apple Watch: watchOS 6 or later
• Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear): Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: You cannot sign up for a new account on smartwatches.
Although not recommended, you can use the following versions of LINE on older OSes.
Note: Some features cannot be used on older OSes.
• iOS 11.0 to 11.4.1: Up to LINE 10.17.0
• iOS 10.0 to 10.3.4: Up to LINE 9.16.1
Note: You cannot use the app with iOS 9.3.6 or earlier.
• Android OS 5.0 to 5.1.1: Up to LINE 11.5.0
• Android OS 4.4 to 4.4.4: Up to LINE 9.10.2
- You cannot use the app with Android OS 4.3.1 or earlier.
- Even if you're using Android OS 6.0 or later, you may not be able to install LINE from the app store offered by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider in some cases.
• Windows 7, Windows 8
LINE is not supported on the following devices:
• iPod touch
• SmartTV BOX
• Fire OS devices such as Kindle
• PHS devices
• Simulators/emulators (virtual environments)
• Android tablets
• Devices with a custom OS