Checking/changing registered information
Email address & password
Registering an email address and password
Checking/changing your email address and password
• Was your registered email address entered correctly?
Linking with Facebook
Changing your phone number
To set a LINE ID:
1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Edit profile > ID.
2. Enter your preferred ID and tap Check.
3. On the message that says "This ID is available," tap Save.
Tap here to go to the LINE ID setting on your smartphone.
- Once you set an ID, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- If you see a message saying "This ID is unavailable" in step 3, it means that someone is already using that ID. In this case, please register a different ID.
- As stated in our Terms and Conditions of Use, making your ID public on the internet for the purpose of meeting other people is not allowed.
A LINE account is defined as the phone number, name, photo, ID, and other information used on LINE. By deleting your account, all of the aforementioned information will be deleted.
An ID is a key used to identify LINE users. This is not configured by default when you first start using the service. You can configure one by going to the Home tab > Settings > Edit profile.
Important: LINE IDs cannot be changed once configured.
With a LINE ID, users who do not know your phone number can easily find and add you as a friend if you exchange IDs with them. If you do not want other users to find you using your ID, you can turn off Allow others to add me by ID under Edit profile.
Note: Publicizing LINE IDs on the internet for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters is prohibited by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Creating a new LINE account using your phone number or Facebook account.
- Registering your phone number or Facebook account to an existing LINE account.
2. You have not uninstalled LINE from this device.
3. You have not created a new LINE account on this device.
4. You can connect to the internet on this device (You can connect via Wi-Fi if you are not connected on a mobile network).
Your account will not be deleted just by uninstalling or deleting the LINE app.
To delete your LINE account, verify your phone number from the same device you've been using or transfer your current account to a new device, then delete the account.