Email address & password
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please check the following:
• Is your registered email address entered correctly?
• Did you enter an email address different from the one you registered?
• Are you trying to send the password reset email repeatedly within a short period of time? Please wait approximately 24 hours between attempts.
• Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
• Do you have spam filters in place? Please try disabling them.
• Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
• Does the email address you are using comply to RFC standards? The following are examples of email addresses that do not comply to RFC standards.
- Addresses with a dot (.) right before the @ symbol: abcd.@xxx.com
- Addresses with consecutive dots (.): ab..firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addresses that begin with a hyphen (-): -email@example.com
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to transfer it using your Facebook account.
If you cannot recall your email address when changing to a new device or reinstalling the app, you will not be able to use it to transfer your account.
If your LINE account is linked to a Facebook account, you can use it to transfer your account.
Transferring your account
In order to transfer your LINE account, you will need to have the following set up BEFORE changing devices. We recommend writing down your registered email address and password from steps 1 and 2 before moving on to step 3 and 4.
1. Have an email address registered to your LINE account.
To check your registered email address, please see this article.
2. Set a password when you registered your email address.
You will not be able to view your password on your device.
If you have forgotten your password, please see this article.
If your registered email address is no longer available and you have forgotten your password, please see this article.
3. Turn ON the Allow Account Transfer setting.
This step is not required if your registered phone number will not change.
For more information about the Allow Account Transfer setting, please see this article.
4. Back up your chat history.
Before changing devices, it should be noted that you cannot transfer your chat history or Coin balance between different OSes (e.g. Android to iOS and vice versa).
After changing devices, please install the LINE app on your new device and select Log in to transfer your account.
See here for STEP 2
Install the LINE app on your new device and transfer your account by following the steps below:
1. Start the LINE app and tap Log in.
2. Enter the email address and password you confirmed on your previous device and tap OK.
3. Enter your phone number, confirm the verification code sent by text message or phone call and proceed to the next step.
4. Tap Continue.
Note: Steps 3 and 4 may not appear in some cases.
That is all there is to transfer your account.
If you experience any other issues, please see our Help articles here.
A phone number registration screen will appear; please choose whether to register one.