With LINE Pay, you can easily make payments with the money added to your LINE Pay balance, Add & Pay, or a registered credit/debit card (only available with some LINE service merchants). You can also make debit payments with a linked bank account.
Note: Due to enhanced security, you may be asked to upload documents for identity verification when linking a bank.
Accepted payment methods will vary by merchant. Be sure to check each merchant’s payment page to see which options are available.
See this page for a list of merchants that accept LINE Pay (only available in Japanese).
Payments for non-LINE-related services can only be made using your LINE Pay balance or Add & Pay.
You can use your LINE Pay balance, Add & Pay, or a credit card registered to LINE Pay when making payments at online stores for LINE services.
LINE Pay cards and virtual cards can be used at merchants where JCB cards are accepted.
Google Pay can be used at merchants that accept QUICPay+ all over Japan. For details, see here (only available in Japanese).
1. 於網頁內進行付款時選擇「LINE Pay」
2. 於智慧手機開啟LINE Pay
4. 輸入LINE Pay密碼，點選「OK」
此外，於LINE STORE、LINE DELIMA、LINE POKEO等部分LINE相關服務使用時，不須持有LINE Pay帳號也可以完成支付。
1. 於付款時選擇「LINE Pay」
4. 選擇是否加入LINE Pay
您可於LINE Pay的加盟店網站或部份實體商店內，透過「掃描」 功能輕鬆進入付款畫面。
1. 於LINE Pay主選單點選「掃描」
※若您尚未設定LINE Pay密碼，選擇付款方法後，系統將會要求您設定LINE Pay密碼。
4. 輸入LINE Pay密碼完成付款操作
您也可以透過 「我的條碼」 功能進行付款，詳細方法請參閱下列常見問題內的說明。
Yes, you can make payments at LINE Pay affiliated stores.
When you purchase an item, use your smartphone to scan the QR or bar code posted at the store to bring up the payment confirmation screen. Afterwards, enter your passcode to complete the transaction.
See here for a list of merchants that accept payments with LINE Pay (only available in Japanese).
To make payments:
1. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap Scan.
2. Line up the QR code inside the frame.
Note: If you can't scan the code, tap Enter Code Number at the bottom of the screen and manually enter the code number that appears with the QR code.
When making code payments, you can use your LINE Pay balance, Add & Pay, Points, and LINE Pay Bonus.
Note: Any credit card registered to your LINE Pay account other than the Visa LINE Pay credit card cannot be used with code payments.
To use your LINE Pay balance, you need to add money to it first. For information on how to do so, see this Help article.
For details about Add & Pay and the Visa LINE Pay credit card, see the following Help articles.
If you're unable to make a payment at a store that accepts code payments, it may be due to one of the following reasons.
• You're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
You may get a security error if you're connected to a store's Wi-Fi network. Disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and try making the payment once again.
• Your Visa LINE Pay credit card was not registered to LINE Pay properly (for using Add & Pay as your payment method).
For information on how to register your Visa LINE Pay credit card, see this Help article.
Note: If you want to use your LINE Pay balance as your payment method, from the LINE Pay main menu tap Add & Pay or Payment method in the middle of the screen and select LINE Pay balance.
• The code has expired.
Codes are only valid for five minutes. Tap Refresh and try making the payment again with a new code.
• You don't have enough money in your LINE Pay balance.
Try making the code payment again after adding money to your balance.
Note: You can check your balance from the My Code screen and the LINE Pay main menu.
• You didn't select a payment method.
You need to select a payment method the first time you make a code payment. Select LINE Pay balance or Add & Pay next to Payment method, read the important notes, then tap OK.
• Your screen is too dark or the code is not fully displayed.
Your code cannot be scanned if your screen's brightness is set too low. Make sure to increase the brightness before making a My Code payment. Also, your code may not fully appear depending on the size of your smartphone's screen. In this case, adjust the screen so your code is displayed completely.
• The cashier at the store didn't select LINE Pay as the payment method.
Tell the cashier again that you are paying with LINE Pay.
The My Code feature allows you to make payments at stores by scanning your code.
1. From the main menu, tap My Code.
2. Show the generated code at the store.
Please note that your code will renew itself every 5 minutes.
If you cancel a payment, any Points that you used will be refunded along with the amount used from your LINE Pay balance.
Note: In the case of partial cancelations, your LINE Pay balance refund will be prioritized.
If you have a Japanese LINE Pay account and used Points with Add & Pay, see this Help article.
You can specify the number of Points you want to use for online payments, Scan Bill payments, and Scan payments. The number of Points can't be specified for payments made with My Code, your LINE Pay card, or Google Pay.
If the setting to use LINE Points is turned on, payments will be made from your available Points first, and the remaining amount will be subtracted from your LINE Pay balance or from Add & Pay. If you don’t want to use your Points, you can turn them off by referring to the information in this Help article.
If you're having trouble scanning a barcode, try moving the camera a little closer or further away.
Note: With an Android device, you can rotate the camera and scan the barcode horizontally.
Also, if you're using LINE with a Japanese phone number, you may not be able to make your payment due to one of the reasons mentioned in this Help article.
If you see an error, try using another payment method at a store written on the back of the bill.
To pay public utility fees with LINE Pay:
1. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap Scan bill.
2. Read the instructions and important information, then tap Next.
3. Scan the barcode on the bill with the code reader.
4. Make sure the content displayed matches the content on the bill, then tap Pay.
5. Select your payment method, confirm the amount due, and tap Pay.
6. Enter your LINE Pay passcode.
7. Check everything on the payment confirmation screen, then tap OK.
Note: Depending on the payment recipient, service charges may apply. For more details, see here.
You can confirm your payment history by going to the LINE Pay main menu > Settings > Purchase History.
You cannot use Scan Bill to make payments if:
• The bill issuer doesn't accept Scan Bill payments.
See the following posts on LINE Pay's official blog for details (only available in Japanese).
• The amount due is JPY 50,000 or more and exceeds the bill's payment limit.
Depending on the bill issuer, there may be a set maximum payment limit that restricts Scan Bill payments of JPY 50,000 or more.
• There are issues with your smartphone's network connection.
• The payment is overdue.
If you are unable to use Scan Bill, please make the payment in person at one of the participating locations listed on the back of the bill.
Points are issued for Scan Bill payments made with Add & Pay based on your LINE POINT CLUB level.
Note: Points are not issued for payments made using your LINE Pay balance.
For more information about LINE POINT CLUB, see this Help article.
Points for the My Number Points program are not awarded for Scan Bill payments. For more information about My Number Points, see this LINE Pay official blog entry (only available in Japanese).
Depending on the payment recipient, service charges may apply if it is explicitly written on the bill that the customer is responsible for paying them.
• Service charge for bills under JPY 10,000: JPY 66
• Service charge for bills that are JPY 10,000 or more: JPY 110
If a payment failed when using LINE Pay on your smartphone, please try the following:
• Update LINE to the latest version.
• If the payment screen does not display properly or closes midway with some apps or mobile browsers, the payment will not be properly completed. In such cases, please select Continue on the payment pending screen that appears directly after making the payment. If the Continue button does not respond, please log in to LINE from the link at the bottom of the screen. After logging in to LINE and tapping the notification message that appears, the LINE Pay payment screen will appear. If the link to the login screen does not work, please use your device's browser (e.g. Safari), or another browser (e.g. Chrome).
• All payments need to be completed within 20 minutes. If more than 20 minutes have passed since you started making a payment, you will need to start over from the beginning.
If you can't use Google Pay, please see this Help article.
Debit Payments are subtracted immediately from your bank account linked to LINE Pay.
You can make debit payments if the Bank Account option appears on the payment screen.
If you want to change the bank account you use for making debit payments, you can do so by selecting Change from the payment screen.
- Accepted bank accounts vary by merchant.
- If the Bank Account option doesn't appear on the payment screen, you will need to register a bank account by selecting Add.
- Due to enhanced security, you may be asked to upload documents for identity verification when linking a bank.
If your LINE Pay balance doesn't appear on the payment screen, it means you linked a bank account that cannot be used for that merchant. Please try again after adding a different bank account.
If you want to receive a refund for a payment that failed due to a bank’s delayed response, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.