The display names that your friends set for themselves will appear on LINE for PC. If you want to change a friend's display name, follow the steps below.
- This will also change the way their display name appears on the smartphone version of LINE.
- This will not change the way their display name appears on their own LINE account or the accounts of other users.
LINE for Windows or Mac:
1. Click Friends (the silhouette icon) on the main menu.
2. Right-click the friend whose display name you want to change.
3. Click Change friend’s name.
4. Enter a name and click the check mark.
LINE for Chrome:
1. Open your chat room with the friend whose display name you want to change.
2. Click your friend's icon at the top of the chat room.
3. Click Edit (the pencil icon) next to your friend's display name.
4. Enter a new display name and press the Enter key.
Before you can delete a friend, you need to block or hide them first.
Note: If you want to send them a message after deleting them, you'll need to add them as a friend again by searching their ID.
For steps on how to block or hide a friend, please see the following Help articles:
To delete a friend:
1. Click the arrow next to LINE at the top of the screen.
2. Click Settings > Friends.
3. Click Edit next to the friend you want to delete.
4. Click Delete.
5. After reading the pop-up message click OK.
Note: You cannot delete yourself from another user’s friend list.
You’ll still receive messages from users deleted from the Hidden Friends list.
If you don’t want to receive messages or voice calls from someone, please block the user before deleting them.
Leaving a group will not delete any chat messages, albums, or photos that you shared in it. If there is anything you want to delete from a group, make sure to do so before leaving it.
When a group member deletes their LINE account or leaves a group, a message appears in the chat saying "XXXX left the group."
To leave a group:
1. From the main menu, click Groups.
2. Right-click the group you want to leave.
3. Click Leave this Group.
4. Click OK.
If every member leaves, all of the content posted in the group will be deleted and cannot be restored.
If you don’t want people that know your phone number to automatically add you as a friend, turn OFF Allow others to add me.
You can only configure this setting when signing up for an account on LINE for PC. If you want to configure this setting after you signed up for an account, delete it and sign up once again.
If you signed up for LINE on a smartphone, you can check and change this setting. From the smartphone version of LINE, go to Settings > Friends, and turn OFF Allow others to add me.
A group will be deleted once everyone in it has left.
If there are still some members left in a group, you'll need to delete them.
You can delete other members by following the steps below.
Note: You won’t need the following if you're the only one left in the group.
1. From the main menu, click the Groups icon.
2. Right-click the group you want to edit.
3. Click Edit this Group > Members.
4. Click the x mark next to the group member’s names.
5. Click OK.
After all other members have been removed, select Leave this Group to remove yourself and delete the group.
When you hide a friend on LINE:
- You'll still be able to receive messages from them.
- They will appear in Hidden Friends instead of your friend list.
- Updated profile and Timeline posts will still appear.
- They will not be completely deleted from your friend list.
For steps on how to delete a friend, see this Help article.
To hide a friend:
1. From the main menu, click Friends.
2. Right-click the friend you want to hide.
3. Click Hide.