You can send images, videos and voice messages saved on your PC. Please note that you cannot take pictures, or record videos and voice messages on the Chrome version of LINE.
To send these files, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the clip icon at the bottom right of the chat screen.
2. Select the image, video or voice message file you wish to send and click Open.
You can also send a file by dragging and dropping it into the message box.
You can take and send screenshots using the steps below.
1. Click "Capture Screen"
2. Drag and select the area you want to capture.
3. After clicking the check mark, press "Enter" or "Alt+Enter" to send the capture in a chat room.
To save the screenshot on your PC, click the "Save" button.
Press the Esc key to cancel the screenshot.
You can insert line breaks using one of the methods below.
• If you've set the Enter key as your Send key, press Shift + Enter to insert a line break.
• If your Send key is Alt + Enter, press Enter to insert a line break.
For the steps to change your Send key, see this Help article.
To create a group from a multi-person chat:
1. Click the menu icon at the top of the chat > Chat info.
2. Click Create a Group.
3. Select the friends you want to add.
4. Enter a name, set a profile photo, and then click Create.
Note: Messages from the multi-person chat will not be transferred to the group. To view your past messages, you'll still need to check the multi-person chat.
Multi-person chats have been integrated into group chats, so you can now use the Notes and Albums features that were previously unavailable in multi-person chats.
The Members join automatically setting is not available on LINE for Chrome, so when you create a group, invitations will be sent to all of the people you invite.
Note: To create a group using the Members join automatically setting, please use the smartphone version of LINE or LINE for PC.
If you have any existing multi-person chats, you can continue using them.
For the steps to create a group from a multi-person chat, see this Help article.
For the steps to create a new group, see this Help article.
To send a file saved on your PC in a chat:
1. Open a chat and click the send file icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the file you want to send and click Open.
- You can send image, video, document, and audio files.
- If the file type you are sending is not supported, you can send it as a zip file.