All of LINE's basic features can be used for free.
Note: Some items, such as Coins and Stickers, must be purchased to use in LINE.
Please understand that you will need to pay for any data usage fees that you may be charged depending on the data plan you have with your mobile phone carrier. You may be charged every time you connect to the service if you are paying for only the amount of data you use. For this reason, we recommend signing up for a flat-rate data plan if you don't already have one.
With the smartphone version of LINE, the same account cannot be used on multiple devices. Only one phone number or email address can be used to verify one account per device. If you register the same phone number on a different device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to use it.
You can use the same account on the PC and iPad versions of LINE by logging in with the same email address.
All of LINE's features can be used for free, even when used from another country. If you use LINE with a friend living overseas, you will not be charged any fees for international use.
Please understand that you will need to pay for any data usage fees that you may be charged depending on the data plan you have with your mobile phone carrier, even if you are using the app overseas.
If you plan to use your device outside of the country you are contracted in, international data usage fees may differ. Please refer to your mobile contract, or contact your mobile carrier for further information about international data usage fees.
• iOS: 12.0 or later
• Android OS: 5.0 or later
• Windows 8.1 or later
• Mac OS X 10.13 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
• iPad 4 or later (iOS 12.0 or later)
• Apple Watch: watchOS 6 or later
• Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear): Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: New accounts cannot be created on smartwatches.
Although not recommended, you can use the following versions of LINE on older OSes.
Note: Some features cannot be used on older OSes.
• iOS 11.0 to 11.4.1: Up to LINE 10.17.0
• iOS 10.0 to 10.3.4: Up to LINE 9.16.1
Note: You cannot use the app with iOS 9.3.6 or earlier.
• Android OS 4.4 to 4.4.4: Up to LINE 9.10.2
- You cannot use the app with Android OS 4.3.1 or earlier.
- Even if you're using Android OS 5.0 or later, you may not be able to install LINE from the app store offered by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider in some cases.
• Windows 7, Windows 8
LINE is not supported on the following devices:
• iPod touch
• SmartTV BOX
• Fire OS devices such as Kindle
• PHS devices
• Simulators/emulators (virtual environments)
• Android tablets
• Devices with a custom OS