When using the "Shake it!" feature, your friend will not be added until “Friend Added!” appears after both you and your friend tap Add. Please see the following if you are having trouble adding friends using “Shake it!”.
Note: You need to turn on Location Services or GPS to use “Shake it!”. If your location is not shown correctly after doing so, please try restarting your device.
If you are using an iOS device, please also check your privacy settings by following the steps below:
1. On your device, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. Tap LINE, then select While Using the App.
Note: If you cannot find LINE in Location Services, please restart your device.
To add friends using “Shake it!”
1. Go to More > Add Friends.
2. Tap Shake it!.
3. Shake your phone with your friend at the same time, or just tap the screen.
4. Tap each other’s names on the list that appears.
5. Tap Add.
6. Check that “Friend Added!” appears.
to open the Add Friends menu from your smartphone.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?