To change your display name:
1. From the Home tab, tap Settings > Profile. Note: Tap here to access your profile from your smartphone.
2. Tap Display name.
3. Enter a new display name, then tap Save.
To change a friend's display name:
1. Go to your friend list.
2. Tap the friend whose name you want to change.
3. Tap the pencil icon next to their display name.
4. Enter a name and tap Save.
To change your profile photo:
1. Tap your icon or name at the top of the Home tab. Note: Tap here to access your profile from your smartphone.
2. Tap your profile photo.
3. Tap Edit at the top of the screen.
4. Tap Camera or Select photo or video.
5. Edit the photo or video any way you like, then tap Done. Note: You cannot change your friends' profile photos.
When you update your profile photo, it will be posted to your story. If you want to turn off posts to your story, see this Help article.
If a LINE friend is registered using their phone number, the name that they are saved with in your device’s contacts will be displayed. If they are not registered using their phone number, the display name they set in LINE will be displayed.
If you add a friend who is saved in your contacts using their LINE ID, the display name they set in LINE will be displayed.
If the friend whose name does not appear properly is saved in your device's contacts, it's possible their name contained an emoji when it was saved. Check your contacts list, and if your friend's name was saved with an emoji, please try deleting it.
If the issue persists, follow the steps below.
1. Tap the Home tab > Settings.
2. Tap Friends.
3. Turn Auto-add friends ON.
Note: If the option is already turned ON, tap the refresh button next to Last auto-add to manually sync your contacts.
Tap here to open the Settings menu from your smartphone.