If you are short Coins when trying to buy stickers or themes, but have enough Points to make the purchase, they will be automatically exchanged for Coins.
The following versions of LINE will convert the Points you have saved up automatically.
LINE version 6.8.5 and later
LINE version 6.8.2 and later
You can check your Coin balance from your smartphone here.
The amount that appears under My Coins will include your LINE POINTS converted to Coins.
The exchange rate may differ depending on the country you are using LINE in. You can view the various rates here.
Your balance will appear under My Coins as in the following examples (For countries where 1 Coin = 2 Points):
• If you have 60 Coins and 80 Points, your balance will be 100
• If you have 10 Coins and 100 Points, your balance will be 60
• If you have 0 Coins and 100 Points, your balance will be 50
• If you have 0 Coins and 90 Points, your balance will be 45
For a list of what data can and cannot be transferred along with your account, please see below.
Data that can be transferred:
• Friends and groups
• Notes and albums
• Profile settings (profile photo, display name, status message, ID)
• Timeline/profile posts
• Content saved in Keep (excluding content in your Keep Memo chat)
• The right to use your LINE stickers and themes (including those received as gifts)
• Your purchase history of paid items, along with your Coin and LINE Point balances
• Data registered to authorized apps, including titles from LINE Games and LINE PLAY
- Coins cannot be transferred between different OSes (e.g. from iOS to Android and vice versa).
- If your friends, groups, or any other information disappeared after transferring your account, it may be due to one of the reasons described in this Help article.
Data that cannot be transferred:
• Chat history
Your chat history is not transferred with your account, so we recommend backing it up beforehand.
If you want to restore your chat history after changing devices, you need to back it up in advance.
To manually back up your chats to iCloud, follow the steps below.
Note: For information on enabling auto-backup, see this Help article.
1. From the Friends/Home or More tab, tap Settings > Chats.
2. Tap Chat history backup > Back up now.
If you change devices, you can keep using your LINE account by transferring it to your new device.
To transfer your LINE account, you need to have either:
• A phone number, email address, and password registered to LINE
• A Facebook account or Apple ID linked to LINE
Note: You can only use your Apple ID to transfer your account to another iOS device.
Make sure that you have the necessary information registered to your LINE account by checking the Help articles below.
For information on linking your LINE account with Facebook or your Apple ID, see the following Help articles.
For the steps to transfer your account, see the Help articles below.
Letter Sealing is a feature that provides end-to-end encryption (E2EE) for chat messages. E2EE is a communication system designed so that messages saved on our servers are encrypted and cannot be read by anyone except the sender and receiver of the message.
Once the sender and receiver have both turned on Letter Sealing, they will be able to start sending messages with added security.
The following information will be encrypted:
• Text messages (not including messages sent through other services like YouTube)
• Location information
• 1-on-1 voice/video calls
Note: We plan to expand Letter Sealing’s functionality in the future.
If you use LINE for PC after turning on Letter Sealing, you'll be required to verify your identity the first time you send a message.
For information about verifying your identity to use Letter Sealing on LINE for PC, see this Help article.
Key fingerprints are unique encryption keys that Letter Sealing gives to each user so they can send messages to one another safely and securely.
Note: The actual keys are kept secret and will not appear in LINE chat rooms.
If your key fingerprint matches your friend's, it means your chat is securely encrypted. To check whether your key fingerprints match, follow the steps below.
Note: Key fingerprint confirmation is optional.
1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the chat screen.
2. Tap This chat is protected with Letter Sealing at the bottom of the screen.
3. Compare the key fingerprints on your device and your friend's device.
Note: To compare key fingerprints with your friend, we recommend meeting face-to-face or using a form of communication you trust.
If "This chat is protected with Letter Sealing" doesn't appear, it means Letter Sealing is turned OFF. To turn Letter Sealing ON, follow the steps in this Help article.
You need a device that can receive text messages or phone calls to create a new LINE account.
To create a new account:
1. Open LINE and tap Sign up.
3. Enter the verification code you received via text message.
- On some devices, the verification code is entered automatically. In this case, please skip to step 4.
- If you see a message that says "Welcome back, XXXX!" after entering the verification code, tap No, that's not me.
4. Tap No, create a new account.
5. Enter a name, set a profile photo, and tap the arrow.
6. Create a password and tap the arrow.
7. Choose whether to add friends from your device's contacts, then tap the arrow.
8. Choose whether to verify your age.
Note: If you're using LINE version 9.10.0 or later and have already verified your age, this screen will not appear.
9. Confirm the "Regarding Usage of Your Information" consent screen.
If you see someone else's name after verifying your phone number, see this Help article.
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly check your registered password.
If you forgot your password, follow the steps below to change it.
Note: Be sure to write your new password down so you don’t forget it.
1. Tap the Home/Friends tab > Settings > Account.
2. Tap Password.
3. Enter your new password twice, then tap Change password.
Note: If your device is locked with a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID, you need to unlock it when you change your password.
If you're viewing this article on your smartphone, tap here to go to the Account screen.
You can also watch this video to learn how to configure your settings.
If you can’t remember your password and don't have access to your old device when transferring your LINE account, see this Help article.