By registering a backup PIN beforehand, you can automatically transfer your chat history from the last 14 days when you transfer your LINE account, even if you can no longer use your old device due to loss or damage.
- To transfer your chat history in this way, you need to update LINE to version 12.13.0 or later.
- You can update the LINE app here
To set a backup PIN:
1. From the Home tab, tap Settings > Chat history backup under Backup and transfer.
2. Tap Back up now or Create backup PIN and back up chat history.
3. Enter a six-digit number.
4. Tap the arrow.
Keep a memo of the backup PIN you set so you don’t forget it, as you'll need it to restore your saved chat history when you transfer your LINE account.
To prevent your backup PIN from being used by someone else without your permission, also make sure that it is difficult to guess.
Here are some tips for setting a hard-to-guess backup PIN:
• Don't use consecutive numbers (e.g. 123456).
• Don't use the same number repetitively (e.g. 111111).
• Don't make the PIN your birthday.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?