Checking/changing your registered information
Setting an email address/password
Changing your email address/password
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please check the following:
• Is your registered email address entered correctly?
• Did you enter an email address different from the one you registered?
• Are you trying to send the password reset email repeatedly within a short period of time? Please wait approximately 24 hours between attempts.
• Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
• Do you have spam filters in place? Please try disabling them.
• Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
• Does the email address you are using comply to RFC standards? The following are examples of email addresses that do not comply to RFC standards.
- Addresses with a dot (.) right before the @ symbol: abcd.@xxx.com
- Addresses with consecutive dots (.): ab..email@example.com
- Addresses that begin with a hyphen (-): -firstname.lastname@example.org
If your LINE account is linked with Facebook, you will be able to transfer it using your Facebook account.
Phone number/Facebook/Apple ID
Linking with Facebook/Apple ID
Changing your phone number
Profile features and settings
To set your LINE ID:
1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Profile > LINE ID.
Note: Tap here to go to the LINE ID setting on your smartphone.
2. Enter your preferred ID and tap Check.
3. If you see the "This ID is available" message, tap Use.
- Once you set an ID, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- If you see a message saying "This ID is unavailable" in step 3, it means that someone is already using that ID. In this case, please register a different ID.
If an error occurs when you follow the steps above, or if the LINE ID field doesn't change and remains blank, your device information may not be synced with the information on LINE's servers. For more information, see this Help article.
If you want to copy and share your ID, tap Copy to the right of your LINE ID. You can paste the copied ID by tapping a message text box, note, or other place to enter text > Paste.
Note: As stated in our Terms and Conditions of Use, making your ID public on the internet for the purpose of meeting other people is not allowed.