Groups and multi-person chats
There are several differences between group chats and multi-person chats.
With group chats, you can set up a group name and profile photo. You can also use convenient features like Albums and Notes.
However, the friends you invite need to tap the Join button to participate in the group.
To start a group chat:
1. Tap the Friends tab on the main menu.
2. Select the group name and tap Chat.
Note: If you want to create a group, please see here.
Several friends can start chatting as soon as they're invited to a multi-person chat.
Compared to groups, the features you can use are limited, but multi-person chats offer the advantage of letting you easily create chat rooms with several friends.
To start a multi-person chat:
1. Tap the Chats tab on the main menu.
2. Tap the icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Select who you want to add and tap OK.
A group is deleted automatically when all its members have left. If there are still members in a group, follow the steps below to delete them first.
1. Open the group you want to delete.
2. Tap the V icon at the top right of the screen > Members > Edit.
3. Tap - next to the member you want to delete.
4. Tap Delete.
After all the other members have been deleted, select Leave to remove yourself and delete the group.
Your notes, albums, and photos will not be deleted if you leave a group. If there is any data you wish to delete, please do so before leaving the group.
When a group member deletes their account or leaves the group, a message saying "(friend's display name) left the group." will appear.
To leave a group:
1. Tap the name of the group you wish to leave under the Friends tab.
2. Tap either Chat, Notes, or Albums.
3. Tap the Settings icon on the upper right of the screen.
4. Tap Leave > OK.
Once all of the members of a group leave, all data that was posted in it will be deleted. In this case, the data cannot be restored.
Multi-person chats are group-like chat rooms created by inviting friends to a 1-on-1 chat.
With normal groups, a user that was invited cannot participate in the group unless they select Join. However, with multi-person chat rooms, you can immediately start chatting with friends who were invited.
Multi-person chats easily allow you to communicate with a number of friends; however, features found in 1-on-1 and group chats (such as Notes and Albums) cannot be used.
If you'd like to share things like information and photos with friends in a multi-person chat room, we suggest making a group out of that multi-person chat.
To create a group from a multi-person chat room:
1. Tap Chats.
2. Open the relevant multi-person chat room.
3. Tap the V icon > Create group.
4. Set a name for the group, then tap Save.
Please note that messages exchanged in the multi-person chat will not be transferred to the group. To view those past messages, please check the multi-person chat room.